SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  POOL, PARK, BANKS & PIPES  »  Our first tranny
Page 1 of 1    

Our first tranny

Christopher
Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:36 am Reply with quote

I'm stoked to have it up. I know the 'No Skateboarding' sign looks tacky but I could resist. Anyhoo, how hard would a bowl corner be? It's gonna be a mini ramp. Anyone got any good bowl plans? Nobody around here knows how to build them.
jraboin
Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:38 am Reply with quote
Hey dudes. You probably want to change your 2x4's to sit vertically. This way there will be less flex and the sheets won't get holes as fast. You can keep the 8" apart but I use 6" appart because it feels more solid. If you nailed it don't bother taking it apart. Just nail a 2/4 vertically beneath the one out already have there. Its twice as strong that way.

Also you probably want to put and extra stud underneath the top one. This will prevent holes from tailslides and will stop the coping from flexing.

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:46 am Reply with quote
jraboin wrote:
Hey dudes. You probably want to change your 2x4's to sit vertically. This way there will be less flex and the sheets won't get holes as fast. You can keep the 8" apart but I use 6" appart because it feels more solid. If you nailed it don't bother taking it apart. Just nail a 2/4 vertically beneath the one out already have there. Its twice as strong that way.

Also you probably want to put and extra stud underneath the top one. This will prevent holes from tailslides and will stop the coping from flexing.

Yeah, we did that and then realized we fucked up with the 2x4s, so we're nailing 2x4s directly beneath. Thanks for the advice.
drizzle
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:24 am Reply with quote
sb-c>hds

looks nice. lets see some pictures when it's done.
backsidedisaster
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Christopher wrote:

I'm stoked to have it up. I know the 'No Skateboarding' sign looks tacky but I could resist. Anyhoo, how hard would a bowl corner be? It's gonna be a mini ramp. Anyone got any good bowl plans? Nobody around here knows how to build them.

Check out http://rampplans.org/forums/ you should be able to find all the info you need there.
DickGozenya
Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:56 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
I thought I was going to see a different kind of pic...

Page 1 of 1