SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SCREEN PRINTING  »  Problem: My graphic came out crappy. Need suggestions
Page 1 of 1    

Problem: My graphic came out crappy. Need suggestions

Nick
Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Ok, so I decided to try out a test print on part of my graphic to see how it would come out. I didnt want to mess a board up so i wrapped it with some painters paper to print on. I know one of the problems was too much ink, it was too much and I knew it. I need other suggestions so that i dont make the same mistakes again. Let me know your thoughts on this.

The Graphic isnt really blurry, I did only one pass. It just looks like the ink just filled areas it shouldnt have.

olivelawn
Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:07 pm Reply with quote
well it is hard to tell what happening in the picture. That is on paper right? Are the fold-like lines i'm seeing because of the properties of the paper?

I have read that when doing a pass the greater the angle of the squeege the more ink gets deposited on what you are printing on. The less angle (more perpendicular to the board), less ink. Also, I have been told the more pressure during the pass, less ink goes through the screen and vice versa. Perhaps someone witha little more experience can add some knowledge here.

BTW, it is hard for me to tell, but I don't think your print looks that bad. Keep trying, you'll get better with time, trust me.
Nick
Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, the paper is pretty thin. Similar to a grocery bag but thinner. I am guessing since the ink is water based that the paper soaked it up more. I did it again on a deck without paper and it was a little better. Still kinnd messy. As for the picture, it doesnt look as bad in the picture. It was decent for my first board printing expierence, but by far not quality enough to put into a shop.

Page 1 of 1