SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  POOL, PARK, BANKS & PIPES  »  Milford, CT outdoor skatepark full of water
Page 1 of 1    

Milford, CT outdoor skatepark full of water

brentasaurusrex
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Not only do they still charge to sk8, the deep end's got about a foot of water. Looks like they let the grass get too long, mowed it, and all the faaken grass blew into the bowl and clogged the drain. Billiant work! Morons.
-B.
BillyBonebrake
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:03 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
The grass had not yet been cut once since the park opened in April. It looked like a wheat field. Was anyone else there skating, Brent?

Tomorrow I'm meeting with the Milford Mirror reporter at the skatepark for an interview. I'm almost hoping the water is still there. The city and the YMCA are about to be shamed.
brentasaurusrex
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:49 pm Reply with quote
The water will surely be there still. That shit is clogged. I was the only one skating. I paid the fee as well since I was dying to skate something.
BillyBonebrake
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:12 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
I think Milford public works is in on this sabotage. They're the ones who paved the street area with golf ball-sized aggregate. They're the ones who locked up the bleachers the night before last year's contest. And they're the ones who dumped the grass clippings into the bowl. Three years ago the PW director told me to my face that he was dead against any skatepark and would fight it the whole way.

The mayor just announced he's running for a third term. When he ran for his first term part of his platform was the promise of a skatepark. But he never really wanted to own that promise. We see each other on a regular basis but lately he hasn't asked "how's the skatepark?" He used to ask me that all the time. He knows that I'm tired of the bullshit.

Naturally both John and I ended up losing our boards in the water.

Page 1 of 1