SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  STREET  »  Gasp! (went s*****g today)
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

Gasp! (went s*****g today)

jpc675
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:16 pm Reply with quote
That thing is way too small.

Dangerous.

If my toes come up over the front bolts by a smidge, that fucker is ready to pop over.

Going slow on my second trip to and fro the PO...I hit a rock, Frankie goes out in to no-mans-land road, save him before it's too late. Like fuck.

Now I have less confidence than before...you know what I mean, one false move, "Like oh shit, I'm dumping it"

I happy to report I just mailed out a deck, skated to mail it out which was cute.

Those SMA Martinez reissues, I think they are 15 or 16.

I am old now. I looking for speed and carves. Tricks are for kids.

But Tommy, I thought you said I'm alright Spider
_________
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 13 Sep 2005 Posts: 11580 Location: Cloud cuckoo land
Told you it�s to small.

Try a deck with a longer wb, and when it feels comfortable to ride,
you might even like to do some trick shit again.

And for the confidence, after years of just cruising around, instead of how to do tricks, the hardest challenge was for me - how to bail the right way! I did go to the parking lot with the roughest concrete and skated there. My hands and knees eat shit for 2-3 weeks just from some ollies over cans, 360� boneless and shooot the board out etc..

Just some basic things and it did helped me alot. The scratches, blood and blue spots aren�t serious and it helps to get used to the pain again. Today i can do alot of crazy things again and don�t worry about it. If you know how to "fall the right way", you can do everything.
Ok, sometimes you can eat real shit - but i always did stay away and said, hey i don�t have to do this anymore.

Get "the right board for you", do some tricks, get some slams, pain can be helpfull in skateboarding!

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Shoot the GooGoo Dolls vocalist.

Not the bassist.

The vocalist. Most bands don't reform after a fallen vocalist. A bassist is a shot in the dark.

No more band=no more studio=no more cars in fron of the skate turf.

Get that foot planted just behind the front truck. If it's too short and you feel like you're on your tip toes, looking for a short person in a crowd at a concert, your wheelbase is too short.

Stick to a 15" wheelbase and you'll be fine. 31"x 15" wheelbase x 9.5"-9.75"=60mm92-97a wheel=good truck geometry= perfect street deck.

You'll be amazed at how many more tricks you will land with a nice setup.
derekblankporritt
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:18 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
yeah I really take my job for granted some days... I was almost out of skating with my family and all but now I've been here (ave) just long enough to get into it again HC for LIFE. I'm stoked... I love reading about people getting back into skating, it's refreshing. I'm outta here.

*where are those pics?

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:14 pm Reply with quote
I too am riding the Frankie Hill.. while its huge compared to my popsicle, the kicknose is fucking with me. I thought it would be like riding when i was a kid in 86-87 but i'm finding that i dont know where to put my feet. partly because the tail is so huge and partly because i wanna plant my foot over the front trucks.

I've always been the fat kid in the crew tho. still am.

I stopped skating in 8th grade after i fucked up my leg. got back into it in like 10th grade but never could keep up with the flip kids who would show up doing heelflips over shopping carts.

But all this time i've always had a skateboard in some form or another. Usually to cruise to the store or whatever.

I got back into it more when my brothers friend built a mini ramp back in like 98 but he didnt take care of it after the first winter and then i lost interest. concentrated on my band more.

now, i'm trying again. I can drop in on 3 (maybe 4) footers but no vert. I can sometimes grind my trucks frontside a little. the huge concrete shit at the park still scares me. I wish i could find a chill street spot. ledge or ditch to fuck around on.

I'm almost back to my 18" high ollies again. can manual pretty good. (need to find a cool manual pad somewhere to practice the ollie to manuals) I can almost kickflip and no comply. almost is good enough for my 12 yr old nieces skater friend who apparently thinks almost as good as landing it. "dude you can kick flip, i saw you"

if anyone in the bay area knows any spots and wants to let me in on a secret PM me.
kirksucks
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:15 pm Reply with quote
me sucking

You may go to YouTube to view the video by clicking below...
YouTube Video

You may go to YouTube to view the video by clicking below...
YouTube Video

polock
Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:51 am Reply with quote
I am still waiting on the pics of JPKOOK actually skating!?!

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Kirk
I have the same fame here. I have the highest stationary dirt ollies in the county. I have landed 1 out of every ten kickflips and pop shove its. The last heel flip I tried ended with me being credit carded. I get to go skate every other weekend. I can skate from one side of town and back no problem. Street tricks may be on one day off the next. I tried skating a bowl for the first time this year. I learned the hard way that I needed loose trucks. I spend more time playing on the 5ft mini at the local shop. I have went through at least twenty different set ups and have finally figured out what works for me.

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2