SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  BUSINESS, SHOPS & RETAILERS  »  End of a dream - pulling the plug - a rant.
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

End of a dream - pulling the plug - a rant.

auragreg
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:09 am Reply with quote
Joined: 31 Aug 2004 Posts: 2382 Location: Highland, Michigan, USA, Earth
Just heard that my dad's bone marrow is clean. Which is a good thing. He had a bone marrow transplant 6 years ago.

So now he needs a lymph node removed to test next week.

Hey OldSkool ... sorry to hear you had to get out too. Did you have to do the bankruptcy thing? Looks like that's the way we're heading. Doesn't it suck to have to pay off a bunch of stuff other people have!!??!!

I hear ya about the industry. It pissed me off, but I just did what I thought was right for my biz. Screw the industry.

About supporting cry babies ... I guess I still will be to some extent. Trying to get a park here in the village. And I am friends with my sponsored guys, so I don't see that changing.

The crazy thing is that I could just keep ordering skate stuff cause it sells good, but I guess I'll have to stop at some point.. It's the other stuff that's sitting. And that's where all my money is tied up.

How long did you have a shop closing sale? Did you set a closing date?

Again - thanks for the encouragement.

Support skateboard art/artists: http://www.etsy.com/shop/BurbSkateboards
oldskoolrulz
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:47 pm Reply with quote
in regards to the bankrupt thing it's not even an option imo, i only owe the bank and it's tied to my house, the payment isn't that bad so i can get a job and just pay it off over time. another thing is i've worked my butt off since day one keeping my credit record in great standing, i'm not about to let this crap ruin it, all i can do is suck it up and take care of it as i can....

if you are serious about closing up then i would go ahead and make the announcement, it shouldn't take more than a few weeks to blow everything out, took me about a month. then stuff that doesn't sell put it on ebay, you will probably do better than you think, i'm going to set up a store next month and liquidate the rest of my inventory there. and i'm not going to sweat what i get for it, i just want the stuff outta my garage at this point...

again best of luck with your decision and hope your dad gets better soon...greg
auragreg
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 31 Aug 2004 Posts: 2382 Location: Highland, Michigan, USA, Earth
open up an ebay store for the monthly fee ... it's saved me a ton of money. Especially if you are putting a bunch of stuff up.

My credit is so screwed up from maxxed out credit cards and stuff that it won't even matter.

I had REALLY good credit 3 years ago.

Support skateboard art/artists: http://www.etsy.com/shop/BurbSkateboards

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2