SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SNOWBOARDS  »  You guys ahould be able to appreciate these...
Page 1 of 1    

You guys ahould be able to appreciate these...

MasterPlan
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:30 am Reply with quote
...these were hard as f%#@ to get a hold of. The blue one with the Yeti is slightly more "gettable." The penguins is damn near impossible (it took me 9 months of looking to finally get one!).

These are very, very sweet in real life with artwork by Shag.

If anyone has a line in to the last one (green one with the Bear), needless to say, I'm all over it.

theGONZfather
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:42 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Those look cool. Whats the bottom look like?
Good luck on the last one

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Bottom of the Yeti board is even cooler than the top...

MasterPlan
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Here is my response on a PM conversation I was having with one of the forum bros about these boards. I just figured that the info is interesting as I have spent a lot of time trying to acquire the three boards from this set...

You have excellent taste Its even sweeter in real life. My plan was to ride it, but I liked the way it looked so much, especially alongside my skateboards, that it became a wall-hanger. Then, I started on my quest to find the other two. They are very, very hard to find.

So, on the Yeti, I bought it last summer and got it for just over $400 in an absolute steal. The Penguin, the ONLY one I have seen, was $575 on a Buy It Now just a few months ago. I jumped on that within minutes of the listings and would have gone at least $150-200 higher if I had to

I had a line in to a guy in Nova Scotia who had the Green one with the Bear. He wanted $700. I was going to go for it when he disclosed that while we were corresponding back and forth, he decided to use the board! I said no problem and for him to send me updated pitures and we'll take it from there. The board now had some dings and stuff. So, I dropped the offer down to $550. He was going to take that when he told me that he had ridden it some more! and now it had a gouge on top, ding on bottom, scratches, screwed up rail, etc. The dude was just a fruitcake. Eventually, that whole sale fell through.

So, now I continue to wait. One will show up eventually. I have found that these are very hard boards to come by as it is my understanding that only 100 were produced. I would guess 60 Yeti, 20 Penguin, 20 Bear. Personally, I have seen about 4 or 5 of the Yetis, one of the penguins (which I bought), and just that one Bear in Nova Scotia.

Good luck on your quest! I would say any deal under $600 is a great buy. They are probably worth somewhere in the $600-800 range in mint cond. The price will only go up as these get ridden into oblivion.

~MP
MasterPlan
Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:02 am Reply with quote
Here's the other two bottoms...

Page 1 of 1