SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  POOL, PARK, BANKS & PIPES  »  Going to Vancouver
Page 1 of 1    

Going to Vancouver

dhorne
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 16 Oct 2006 Posts: 1266 Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada
So, I'm going to be in Vancouver at the end of April and need some advice. It's a work trip and I'll have to pack in skating when I can (which means early or late, most likely). Where do I go?

First off, transition is required, vert is nice, stairs are of no interest whatsoever. RDS is closed, so if it rains I'm just screwed, correct? Bonsor and Hastings look cool, but I have no idea if I'll be missing all of the good stuff. Also, my free time may wind up being at night ... which places have lights?

I'm staying downtown, but I'll have a car ... oh, and shops ... I want to visit Skull skates, but is there anywhere else that's required?
Christophish
Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Bonsor and Hastings both have lights. Seylynn on the North Shore doesn't but it is a MUST SKATE. Old snake run... great history... fun as shit!!! Parkgate in North Van is also a great bowl and I think it has lights, but I can't remember for sure. It's been awhile since I moved away. White Rock (my old home park) is fun, and has lights, but not many. Yake the drive to Gleneagles at Horseshoe Bay, killer new Spectrum park. If you have time, head up to Squamish as well (up the Sea to Sky Highway about an hour). Hope you get good weather, end of April in Vancouver is sketchy in the rainy city. Enjoy.....

As for shops? Yeah Skullskates (PD's Hotshop) is a must, and all you'll really need to stop at. Most other shops are the same as anywhere. Westbeach (AKA WHackbeach) has fun little 5 ft miniramp, not sure if it still does though. Good if it's raining. It's on the same street as PD's (W. 4th Ave) but about 3 or 4 km east.
grandpa ronin
Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:55 am Reply with quote
Joined: 05 Sep 2003 Posts: 760 Location: 3 Feet Below the Coping
#1 Hastings - rough surface, bike park from the afternoon on, elbows up and gun loaded.

#2 Bonsor - dry when other places are damp, barney session going on when other places are bike parks. Push skate shop is across the street.
New West is very close to this park if you love the feel of old potholes beneath your wheels and BMX pegs crashing into your achilles.

#3 GlenBike/GlenEagles - mellow but fast, hit Seylynn on the way. The bikers here tend to understand the concept of taking turns.

Worst layout of any site ever but not much choice:

http://www.surfingvancouverisland.com/skate/index.htm

BikeGate/Parkgate is the only park with proper lights along with POCO but if time is limited fuckem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsWrRPTKuyY

Last edited by grandpa ronin on Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

bobcat
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:59 pm Reply with quote
ronin ya forgot our site!

www.wikistak.com

Page 1 of 1