SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  DOWNHILL / SPEEDBOARDING / LONGBOARDS  »  Randall 180s
Page 1 of 1    

Randall 180s

mikedwalrus
Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 05 Jul 2004 Posts: 226 Location: New Smyrna Bch, FL
I just picked up a new longboard (sector 9, 46" bamboo) and it came with some Randall 180s (R11 with the yellow bushings). I'm just rolling around with it, small hills (FL), parking lots, etc. I like to ride my trucks loose, but I had to tighten them up a little to prevent severe wheel bite. Three out of the four stock bushings split (washers bit into them pretty bad, then split). This is my first set of randalls, but from what I heard from others the stock bushings are supposed to be pretty decent.

I put some yellow Khiros in there for now (but I'm not sure I really like them). Can anybody recommend a good replacement bushing for these or should I just try another set of the Randall yellows?
Christophish
Posted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Khiros are good (I'd put in reds or blues, or a combo of the 2), as are Bones Yellows or blues, depending on what you weigh, I'm 220. Only thing is you need to stack some wahsers on the bottom so your bottom bushing is the same height as the original Randal bushing, or the truck's geometry will be fucked.

I had the same problem with my Randal bushings years ago. Are yours the yellow ones? If so try the reds (they come in the 150's), I've heard they are better. Bones or Khiros with washers are prolly your best bet though.
dreadyboy
Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:50 am Reply with quote
the yellow stock bushing are the bomb, the problem isn't the bushings, but the bushing cups that are way to small for those bushings, myself i prefer the yellows over the red ones, and as a replacement bushing i would recommend the blue khiro's, or even the white's maybe, but those are really extremely soft, and change your bushings cups or you will have the same problem again

Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:57 am Reply with quote
Joined: 05 Jul 2004 Posts: 226 Location: New Smyrna Bch, FL
Right on, thanks for the info. As soon as I can locate them I'll get a set of new yellows & reds from Randal. I'll try them out again with some modified washers.

I can definitely tell a difference from the Randal's and the Khiro's. Not that the Khiros are bad they just don't feel as smooth and carvey as the Randal's (if that makes any sense).

Thanks again for the info.

mike
macsdaddy
Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:39 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Yeah, If MHM was still around he'd tell you to change out the washers to flat washers, and to upgrade the kingpin to grade 8.

Slim
Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 06 Sep 2003 Posts: 2954 Location: pedro point, nor cal
Yep. Ditch the stock bushing washer cups - they have sharp edges that cut the bushings. Find some smooth ones or some flat washers. A lot of guys not only upgrade to grade 8 kingpins, they reverse the kingpins in the hanger.

The aftermarket Indy bushings work pretty good in Randal trucks, too.

Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:40 am Reply with quote
I dig the soft indy Red Bushings in Randalls or a combo of the Indy red and some bones Hardcore soft.........
unless you can find some old Stimulators
slob-air
Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:19 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
Ditch the whole truck altogether�get Crail, Holey, Bear, SGS, JimZ or some other pro level truck. Do you really want to go that fast on Randall junk? I don't.

If you stick with the Randall, absolutely replace the kingpin and reverse it.

Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:26 pm Reply with quote
i have to agree on ditch the randall storry, but 'only' problem i ever had was that the trucks were finished horrible, asymmetric, and that the hanger bended, never had a kingpin problem
have holeys and force now, and especially the force trucks are simply astonishing

Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:22 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
I use the black khiros on the back and the red khiros on the front. Havent changed the kingpins but will soon. I leave em really loose and they are great at speed. Just waiting on my hollys though.

Page 1 of 1