SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  B.O.N.O.S.A.  »  This board is keeping me from getting work done!!!
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

This board is keeping me from getting work done!!!

SkaterBonds
Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:07 pm Reply with quote
It's not necessarily a good or a bad thing.

Being rediculous is just that. Being rediculous. Yeah, some collect art. If I wanted to though, I'd skate a so called "preserved" deck. You only live once, right?

I mean, I'm not going to start ripping $500-$2000 decks off of my wall or out of my closet and start skating them this moment, but if I see it justified and have a good reason to, I will.

These are skateboards. They are not art, meaning that their perpose is to be used as a skateboard, even though they have ties with art. Remember that. We are spending thousands of dollars on skateboards. That, in it's own right would define itself as being rediculous in most peoples opinions, but not for everyone. I would have to agree with Niner here. That is exactly what I mean by my statement.

I agree that there is a sense of preservation for the better of the skateboard, but again, some could call that rediculous in itself. Just as much as preserving a vintage race car from being raced, which is what it was made to do.

Posessions are there for our amusement and/or satisfaction and however you gain that satisfaction justifies what you do with it, weather that means saving it or using it. Sometimes that will constitute doing something rediculous, which I have observed among skateboard collectors, for and like myself.

But let me ask you this; what are we saving them for? What are we going to do with them in the end?
that guy
Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Be buried with them.
tiki
Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:21 pm Reply with quote
SkaterBonds wrote:

But let me ask you this; what are we saving them for? What are we going to do with them in the end?

Good question...

Me and the wife have no children... Long story. Not going to re hash that shit.

But it is something to think about. I guess when I move to my place and settle in, I will prolly draw up a will. Not that any of you fuckers have dibs but there are quite a few worthy museums out there. I am just going to put in my will, if you get the house you must ship my decks to so and so.

astaley !!!

Going to be cremated, but having a rider burned up with me sounds good. Not sure where in hell I am going, but I will need a rider when I get there!
The Green Monkey
Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:23 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 15 Jun 2002 Posts: 14107 Location: Fucking a giant scorpion, duh.
tiki wrote:
Going to be cremated, but having a rider burned up with me sounds good. Not sure where in hell I am going, but I will need a rider when I get there!

Have yourself poured into a batch of urethane or mixed into some aluminum hangers. Or crisply baked and turned into griptape.

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:54 pm Reply with quote
SkaterBonds wrote:

I save them for material memories...I pick up a board from my collection, and I'm back 15 years just like that.

In the end? I haven't even thought of that yet. I guess eventually they will go to someone else with similar tastes, but that won't be for a long time.
HurtCurt
Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:14 am Reply with quote
life ruining addiction a black hole
gogomouse1
Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:15 am Reply with quote
we all need to seriously start thinking about what'll happen to our skate stuff when we're gone.....it's worse for me, I collect mostly 70's stuff, and nobody's gonna care about that crap once all the skaters my age are gone

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2