SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  VALUE OF A SPECIFIC SKATEBOARD  »  genuinely surprised by this
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

genuinely surprised by this

www.spyhillskates.com
Posted: Sun May 11, 2003 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Getting back to the beginning of this post, I don't see why anyone should like the FUBK series anymore or less than a lot of decks from the early 90s. Yeah, the concept was pretty out there, but they aren't the greatest looking decks. I know you guys won't see this as an unslanted opinion (since I own a Gremlin), but the Gab is a much better deck to hang on my wall. It's got a good shape and a well done graphic. You have to remember also that the Gremlin was one of the first WB rip-offs, so it wasn't as tired as they became the following year. As far as controversial shit goes, I like the Colvin XXX better, and those don't go incredibly high either. The best totally screwed graphic (IMO) is the Turner Napping Negro. I'd love to have that, but hanging it could prove to be impossible...
disposablethebook.com
Posted: Mon May 12, 2003 12:46 am Reply with quote
as far as the colvin goes, there are quite a few of those floating around, tucked in shop corners and closets, hence the depressed price. i guess i got a sentimental tie to the FUBK...to me they were the last great blind graphics before the company went to pot in the next year (a few noteworthy slicks excluded).

speaking of the WB rip offs, once again, anyone know the whereabouts of a blind richter marvin the martian? that's the one i'd really like, although the 101 markovich space dodo comes in a close second.
disposablethebook.com
Posted: Mon May 12, 2003 12:52 am Reply with quote
decks that prove problematic to display:

-WI turner "napping negro"
-WI turner "lench mob"
-WI colvin "XXX"
-blind johnson "rear end rudy"
-plan b carroll "bathroom master" slick

any others? i'd throw the first vision gonz on here, too, but just to irk ukoldschool. ha ha...
www.spyhillskates.com
Posted: Mon May 12, 2003 9:25 am Reply with quote
I think it would be great to hang the Carrol in my bathroom, so if anyone is have trouble hangin' theirs, please contact me. And you're right, the Gonz would be a tough one to hang anywhere in the house, although maybe the bathroom would be appropriate again.
ukoldschool
Posted: Mon May 12, 2003 9:44 am Reply with quote
Tim - did your old lady make you take your Gonz face down from the ceiling above your bed then?

Hammerhead
Posted: Mon May 12, 2003 11:05 am Reply with quote
Joined: 06 Oct 2001 Posts: 6889 Location: Occupying Aztlan since 1963
Stink (Coop) lesbian shedevils.
Hammerhead
Posted: Mon May 12, 2003 11:09 am Reply with quote
Joined: 06 Oct 2001 Posts: 6889 Location: Occupying Aztlan since 1963
plus the price of certain boards is going up faster than my paycheck or home appreciation.

let me correct myself, I only collect in ONE category (mid/late 80s Santa Cruz//graphic+rarity)

disposablethebook.com
Posted: Mon May 12, 2003 5:41 pm Reply with quote
and outta the woodwork they come...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...81&category=16263
plywood20
Posted: Tue May 13, 2003 4:06 am Reply with quote
Mother fucker. I'm almost certain that the Jordan deck is from the same guy that told me he might sell them to me for $300. He's got two more FUBK decks but I'm not sure which ones. Shortly after talking to me he happened upon Amorone's site by way of one of his distributors (he owns a shop in Columbus) and has since been alerted to their value. If only I had a little cash when the offer was made...

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2