SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  POOL, PARK, BANKS & PIPES  »  Valencia Golf Ditch
Page 1 of 1    

Valencia Golf Ditch

tiki
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Went up north today with a camera. This was my ditch in the 70s. Nothing major, but it was only a mile from my house, and this was the shit. In 1974 there was a log jam, but by 79 I had the place to myself. Sad to say, it is no longer used, we used to keep brooms under the bridge. Notta one today. The houses on the right were not there, so I do not know if there is Bust Factor now. My cousin says "Forevers" is still kewl, but that covered up graffiti (in the pics) was not there 4 months ago. My guess is it is not kewl now. As that will stop me from hitting it up one more time before I move.

NOTE: My right foot is fucked, so Camera Man Today.

Left a lot of skin on the right bank back in the day, the left bank was a trip, a few folks fucked up big time on the right death box. Sad to see it so unused. As I jumped the fence with my camera, (fucking weird as every time I am up there I see no one SK8ting) 2 kids on popsicles went by and gave me strange look. Like they had no clue what a frickin treat this place once was. Oh well.

Enjoy.

slob-air
Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
Cool terrain!

Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:29 pm Reply with quote
It was fun.. a little clean up and it could be great again.

The right bank was a goofy foots wet dream.

The only problem was that bridge on the right side (only a problem after we started drinking beer). Major Boink on the scull.

Here is a better pick of the death box (We called it The Strangle Hold):

It just kills me, to see such a bitchin place ignored. As I have said, I left a lot of my blood on those banks. We pushed each other hard. That left death box was something we hit hard everyday. No fucking tricks, see that round hole next to it... You had to know the lines. I wish I could understand why the kids of today, would not want to hit that. The fact that there is mud there, shows it is forgotten. WTF !

And if todays kids are not into carving, who am I to say shit. It just leaves me in amazement. Look at that right bank...

Oh well...
carveNgrind
Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:41 am Reply with quote
Awesome ditch ! Kids would very much be into carving if exposed to it. They're always gonna mix it up with the tricks but show them a Bam clip where he's skating a real ditch and they would be all over it.
tiki
Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:22 pm Reply with quote
We shall see.

As a kid, I would not give a fuck about john law, I bounced (barged) that fence a thousand times. Those 2 houses were not there than, as that is going to stop me for hitting it up one more time. Maybe I am stupid, but way back when, we brought brooms to clean the place up, head first after hitting a pebble got old after the first time.

Only brought a camera, no broom or rider. My right foot has been screw'd the last 3 weeks. Still funny how the place is not being hit up, cept for idiots and their spray paint cans.

Setting up a Stacy reissue, and hitting up this place we called Forever's very soon, out skirts of Magic Mountain... We need to get a crew going on this one!

Page 1 of 1