SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  BUSINESS, SHOPS & RETAILERS  »  decks to shops
Page 1 of 1    

decks to shops

mohawksteve
Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:43 pm Reply with quote
I have decks in 2 shops right now but both shops i know the owners so iam just on consignment ,they are cool with it and only ask for like 5 bucks of the sale. Iam about to meet up with this guy thats opening a shop right down the street from me and iam not sure if the best thing to ask him about consignment or try and get him to buy some and if he wants to buy some how much cheaper should i sell them to him for??
OLDMANARMY
Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:30 am Reply with quote
I would always try to get him to buy before consignment. It sure can't hurt to ask. If he says that money is tight or whatever, then you can move to the consignment discussion.

The positives on consignment is that the shop owner doesn't have the over-head and can/should leave your decks on display for a long time giving your company good exposure.

The bad part about it, is you might need the money up front in order to start new deck runs.

Regarding the cost-I would shoot for anywhere between 25-30 dollars. Of course this figure changes from selling a popsicle to a 10" and up deck.

Hope that helps you out a little.

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:51 pm Reply with quote
thanks alot man! iam about to go up there right now.

Page 1 of 1