SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SKATEBOARD VIDEO TRADING  »  DVD Burning
Page 1 of 1    

DVD Burning

bowlrider.com
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Hey anybody out there familiar with the latest techs on DVD burning??

I know there has been a lot of incompatability issues in the past...

has any of that been corrected yet..

I have lotsa video that would be cool to share.... but I don't want to deal with tapes anymore..

Im concidering getting a dvd burner to put some of this video on..

and wanna find a burner that will be compatable so people will actually be able to enjoy em...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Buckethead
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:18 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Hope this helps
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Teeto
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 5:50 pm Reply with quote
What type of dvd burner you looking to use. One for the computer or one like a vcr? I would suggest getting the panasonic dmr30s. I have done some research on it and know someone that has it. It works real good. I have seen the quality of a copied disk from vhs and it is nice. The thing is when you burn a disk you have to make sure that you use a dvd-r instead of a dvd+r. Most dvd players play the -r form. You can buy dvd players that use the +r form but there not as popular. If you use TDK disk they will work on almost any dvd player. Like I said earlier in the response there are some players that are not compatible. You can go to this site and see http://www.dvdarts.net/pages/compatibility.htm
TDK is a very good product to use for burning things on disk form. If you are really looking for a burner I would highly suggest this one. And another thing is the disks are not that cheap but it is well worth the money not having to worry about the tape get ate up in the vcr.

[ This Message was edited by: Teeto on 2003-03-04 17:54 ]
CH3NO2JAY
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 9:10 pm Reply with quote
You can always just burn them on regular CD (Saves you alot of money there) by burning them into VCD or SVCD format. That would save you bigtime and the overall file size would be smaller in this format than in DVD-R. The quality may not be as great as a DVD, but a properly recorded and burned VCD/SVCD is very good. (Unless you are really into higher end technology/clearity). You can use Fireburner or CDRWIN to burn these videos with np. And if you would like to share them over the net, you could easily package it up into a bunch of rar files and then load a cue sheet and burn the bin file and you'd be all set. This is the way to go if you are not interested in investing in a DVD burner and saving money on discs. Thats it for now, CH3NO2JAY
P.S. Do you have a graphics card with a TV in and out? Just curious...

[ This Message was edited by: CH3NO2JAY on 2003-03-04 21:14 ]
Buckethead
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 9:59 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Thats true CH3 but you don't want to use SVCD they are not as compatable. XVCD are more compatable.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
bowlrider.com
Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:45 am Reply with quote
Thanks for all the infor guys:

@ch3no2jay...I have a video capture card...dc10 plus.. plus I have Pinnacle 10 I believe, also adobe premier, and a few other programs...

I havn't tried vcd yet... mayb I can give that a shot first... I will look into fireburner or cdrwin as well as looking into xvcd

thanks guys...Ive been f'n around with video edit, and have been doing it to tape.. but CD would prob be easier and quicker to send out to my bro's,
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
CH3NO2JAY
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 5:52 pm Reply with quote
If you are really trying to save money, lol, you can always get the programs off of Mirc or Kazaa. Let me know how your project comes along. I mentioned SVCD because I have several pieces of equipment that basically support all formats. I do know that alot of the dvd players out there do not support SVCD, but I just take it for granted because all my equipment does. Good Luck again with the transfer of Video from VHS to VCD...
Mark
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:41 am Reply with quote
go check out http://www.vcdhelp.com. it should have the answers to every question you could ask about creating and burning dvd's. there is also a forum if you can't find the answers on the site. good luck!

mark
Super Destroyer
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 12:56 am Reply with quote
I just got into DVD burning, and from what I have learned, is that of the two main formats (DVD+R and DVD-R) DVD-R is about 90% compatible with DVD players two years old or less.

I just bought the Pioneer AO-5 DVD Drive for my Pinnacle system and just started to play with it.

The other advice I received is to buy a DVD RW (rewritable) disc to record onto when you are first learning to avoid turning the expensive DVDR discs into coasters!

Page 1 of 1