SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  B.O.N.O.S.A.  »  damn... just when i thought i was safe...
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

damn... just when i thought i was safe...

dignan
Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 11:53 am Reply with quote
They got like $1400 for the Nomura, and like $800 for the Big Tube. They had a champion mini frameset too that went for like $500-600. That Nomura was some weird one they only made like it for a year or something.

Lincolnz
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:05 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Some how I get away with murder. Aside from spending tons of $$ on decks I have also spent over $20,000 on mountain bikes in the past 2 years. The wife doesn't say boo! I love to spend the cash! I also went out one day with out her knowing and bought her a new Van she wanted. That's my advise dude, by HER something huge first then go out and get your bike.
nevarestin
Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:54 am Reply with quote
I would guess that shes more worried about you getting hurt on the bike than the $$$.
The Green Monkey
Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:02 am Reply with quote
Joined: 15 Jun 2002 Posts: 14107 Location: Fucking a giant scorpion, duh.
nevarestin wrote:
I would guess that shes more worried about you getting hurt on the bike than the $$$.

Something tells me that you're right on the money...

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:01 pm Reply with quote
I made it perfectly clear to my girlfriend that my money is mine to spend. I'm going to be the one covering the bills once we move in to our own place in 1-2 months. Even with shared finances, we are at an agreement that we set aside all of our money for bills and the rest is fair game. Not exactly 50/50%, but it will go either way if one of us has something that we want.

As long as the bills are taken care of, I can spend my money on what ever I want. The same goes with her. If she wants to go get something I don't care.

The only "rules" we have agreed on is that we tell eachother if we're spending over $100 ahead of time so we don't spend the same dollar and that we both sit down for 1 night a week and go through bills and accounting together.

I spend all kinds of money on Transformers and I'll be expanding my deck collection of 7 quickly after I move into a decent place soon with my new job.

Just set a $$$ bar that anything under is fair game and that everything is kept track of. Anything above the $$$ bar you've set should be taked about before hand. End of problems.

If there is a preset expectation of what to go by, then everyone knows what to do and problems are kept to a minimum.
goofyfoot_rider
Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:46 am Reply with quote
dignan wrote:
If anyone needs old BMX shit, my shop is the place to find it. We have 2 nos complete Skyways just hanging in the warehouse, one's a Street Beat, and the other i'm not sure. one's a funny blue color and the other is red/white. We've got boxes on boxes of old pads, hundreds of the checkered ones, and the old button ones too. Old plastic sprockets, fuck everything. quite a few shit they sold on ebay last year or so, a Big Tube and a Nomura cruiser frame and some other random stuff. But yea, let me know and i'll call them and find out.

what shop is that? my brother, who used to race BMX cruisers, is lookingto get some old style stuff...
grandpa ronin
Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 05 Sep 2003 Posts: 760 Location: 3 Feet Below the Coping
oldschoolkyle wrote:
my girl was like, what the hell is this? and you paid $20 for that? She did not understand that it was LM's milkjug

Bwhahahahhah!

Everyones deception and psuedo guilt is funnier than anything else out there. Thanks for sharing guys.

oldschool wipeout
Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 11 Dec 2005 Posts: 396 Location: The park built by the town drunks
Forest Gump:"Mama says life is like a book of chocolates, ya never know what ya gonna get till ya try!"

It's a crap shoot man.

Not a board through the door in 6 mths.
Buyin her something might help!

My opinion is this:
For some reason they perceive that our inner child will be the death of us. What ever your poison might be, they worry 10x more.

Then again, I almost lost my arm playin in a dunebuggy. She might have a leg to stand on in that arguement.

P.S. I'm not allow ta get one either!

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2