SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  MANUFACTURERS FORUM  »  Desperation...
Page 1 of 1    

Desperation...

Fedupskateboards
Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:51 am Reply with quote
Hey guys,
You might remember me as the newbie posting about a year ago trying figure out anything and everything about manufacturing and distributing skateboards. Well, everything was going perfect ...until i hit a bump in the road. Not a Christian Hosoi or Mark Rogowski kinda bump, but rough never-the-less. My whole view on the situation, along with a crap load of money, was depleted. About 4 months ago a local skateshop had 8 of my boards on commission ...well, when I called to see how they were doing, the manager said they changed ownership and wasn't sure how the situation was going to unfold. So i kept calling and calling until I finally talked to the new owner. He said that he bought the skateshop with all inventory and new nothing about "commission" ...and basically refused to pay me the $200 they owed. Next up to bat, another shop holding 5 boards on commission closed out of nowhere and the owners dissapeared. I called their cell-phone desperately for about a week and then started recieving the ever so popular "hello, your call can not be completed as dialed. Please hang up, try again, or dial your operator for more assistance." message. That is now $325 dollars I am out, two less shops that I'm doing business with, and a new twisted perspective on everything. So, I figured I would just go to work at the skateshop I worked at and try to do my best with the situation ...try to sell as many as my own boards as possible. So I skate up, open the shop, set my board to the side, and get to it. I am the only one working that morning when about 10 small gothic looking kids walk in. I figure this could be a good opportunity to sell something, but know in my head to make sure noone steals ...so I do my best to keep my eye on all the boards on the wall, and sure-enough when they all leave I notice something was gone: my board. I was too busy watching the walls and not where my stinking board was. So my boss comes later, I tell her what happened and that I couldn't leave the shop to find those kids and kick their asses and blah blah blah, a week later she closes the shop to start a nightclub. I was out over 300 dollars, a job, and my board ...so I stopped skating, started eating, and got a girlfriend.

So here I am now around 3-4 months and 25 lbs later. A 3 month old shipment of boards laying in my room and a morale shot in the leg. The more and more I think about it ...the more I know I shouldn't give up. I was always too nice, kinda timid, never pushy, and it ended up biting me in the butt. Today, Im going to a really awesome and loyal skateshop to sell them some boards upfront. I'm praying everything goes smooth.
I just thought i'd let you guys in on what happened and maybe get some words of encouragement or some advice. S&B taught me so much so I figured I'd lean on you guys once again.
Thanks,
Josh @ Fedup Skateboards

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 12 Aug 2005 Posts: 546 Location: Do you even know what a WAWA is?
Might as well post up some pics and prices - maybe some of the bros here will buy em up?

I'd like to see them anyway...
skinny
Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Hey Josh,
You should have wrote me!
I stopped consignment along time ago.
I agree that you should just try to post some pics on the for sale forums here. The guys here don't really buy narrow decks, but they have kids too.
NOW is the time! Shopping season starts this week.
You'll get it all back up and running. What the hell is going on with the skateshops in your town? If anyone had some of my stuff and owed me money, I am not above punching someone in the teeth.
Fedupskateboards
Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:35 pm Reply with quote
accidently posted twice

Last edited by Fedupskateboards on Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Word Milt. If i get enough for another order, I might be able to push a few fish-tail decks like I did that one time for my brother =P. It just feels good to get back in the swing of things. I called that skateshop just now and he told me to come by tomorrow morning. Let me see here ...I have only 8 decks in stock. One is for me, One for my cousin for Christmas, and 6 decks to sell to mabye get the $180 I need for another order. Here's some new designs I never used ...tell me what you think.

Last edited by Fedupskateboards on Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Hey bro Oasis and I were wondering what happened to you. Sounds like some rough times but nothing you cant handle. Get back in the game and dont take any bullshit from anyone!
Fedupskateboards
Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:25 pm Reply with quote
lol, yep. Oh yeah, and for the guy above ...here's the decks we have printed now:

If anyone wants one just PM me and i'll sell to you for my price ( $18 )

Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:16 pm Reply with quote
man that is really cheap, sorry to hear about the mishap. I dont think that you should have put boards out on commision, but i guess cant go back now.
And on those boards is there shipping and handling fee or just a straight $18.
-kody
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Page 1 of 1