SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  BUSINESS, SHOPS & RETAILERS  »  Sponsoring questions..
Page 1 of 1    

Sponsoring questions..

HurtSBC
Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Hey there, I'm pondering sponsoring a local kid. This kid is a phenom, a little loose around the edges, but he has a bag of tricks a mile long. We had a Black Friday event game of S.K.A.T.E. and out of 30 kids, 14 and up, this kid took the whole thing. He's now skating around on a complete curtosey of me and a local shop.

I'd like to sponsor this kid and he's said he was interested too, I just want to know what is reasonable. Is a deck a month the way it's done really? maybe 6 / year? What else theoretically should I be providing? I'm not going to tent every comp, and offer him swag at my own expense, should I bother making a tape for him to send to co-sponsors?

If he starts winning and helping me sell, do I give him a salary? HELP!!! I don't have much to offer him at this time, but he is a great skater, and I think it could help both of us.

--Josh

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:28 pm Reply with quote
This kid is your representative.
Is he aproachable? Is he a rock star?

1 deck 2 shirts a month.
Stickers twice a month. He needs to hand one to each peoson he talks to.
Pay for contests that make sense, damn am, tampa am....pay for the fees and help him get there. He can feed himself, If he stays over night maybe pay for half the motel. You should consider a photo incentive for payment to him, not a salary. 20 for each posted (web) or printed (magazine) photo of him skating when your logo is clearly seen in the photo.

Cross promote him, send video to shoe and clothing co's.

Page 1 of 1