SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  POOL, PARK, BANKS & PIPES  »  Any 'crete tranny in Miami???
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

Any 'crete tranny in Miami???

DELserone
Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:03 pm Reply with quote
intoanother wrote:
There used to be 2 empty pools down in south beach behind the old cameo theater in the 80s, I remember taking 2 runs on a friends board. Wet Willies is pretty cool, I worked there for 5 years.

Did you ever skate the pool off of Dixie Highway across from U.M. and about a mile or two down from Island Water sports (on that same side of the highway too)? Anyway, that was the first pool I skated, it was a figure eight shaped badass pool w/ tons of graph on it. It was filled in shortly after my first and only run on it back in like 87'. I was totally addicted to it and never had another chance to ride one for years to follow.

Also, did any of you Miami oldschoolers ever skate that 4ft mini ramp off of 96st in Kendall, right by Continental Park? There was also a vert ramp at the house across the street from the mini ramp that was pretty sick too, it was like 11-12 ft w/ about 1 and1/2 FT of vert on it. Those were some fun ass times skating those two ramps.

And before those ramps there was the vert ramp on the golf course over by Killian High School, that one was pretty fun too. Lastly, the first half pipe that I remember skating was off of Ludlum RD, in Pinecrest. At first it was a mini ramp about 5 to 6 Ft high, and then they built a cross ramp through it that was about 4Ft. Some the best times of my life!!
intoanother
Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 08 Jul 2005 Posts: 104 Location: Currently NY spawned in Broward County
Never skated that pool near UM, probably was skating alot of those vert ramps you are talking about. ie John Baileys, Russels and Jacobs.
DELserone
Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:49 pm Reply with quote
intoanother wrote:
Never skated that pool near UM, probably was skating alot of those vert ramps you are talking about. ie John Baileys, Russels and Jacobs.

Yep, I remember John Bailey's ramp. He had that old Citron 2CV auto in his front yard, and that huge circle hole in the back yard by the ramp (which he had dug w/ a spoon). I stilll talk to Russel every now & then. As for his ramp, you probably know that it was moved to Ernie's house on the golf course, and then after that, it was moved to John S's house were it stood for a couple of years until he moved away. As for Jacobs ramp, I never had the pleasure to skate that one off of 8th street, but my brother's got an old ass video from like 89', w/ Ernie, Russel and others skating it up on that particular ramp. Or maybe Ernies got the video, Idunno, but I do remember seeing it not too long ago?

L8

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2