SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  MANUFACTURERS FORUM  »  Canadian Manufacturer?
Page 1 of 1    

Canadian Manufacturer?

Jedi_deangelis
Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:11 pm Reply with quote
So I'm looking to get some board pressed up. I'm looking for a Canadian manufacturer, preferably something close by.

I know about Woodchuck laminates out in Montreal but they only do a minimum of 100 decks with the same graphic.

Olive out in Edmonton does smaller runs but they're pretty far out and then there'd be shipping costs etc.

My uncle owns a skateshop and has had shop boards made and could have sworn he had 'em made in Toronto but can't remember the name of the company. He said "I could have sworn the world Concrete was in the title". Anybody have any ideas as to what he's talking about? Any Toronto guys know where the local shops get their shop boards made? Any help would be appreciated.

Matt
slob-air
Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
E-mail me the details of what you need and I'll hook you up.

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:25 pm Reply with quote
There's a place in mississauga (just west of Toronto) that makes shop boards. I'll get ya the info. The quality of shop decks does vary quite significantly, so it's best to see a sample before oredering anything.

j
Adrian
Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:25 pm Reply with quote
could have been 'Control' skateboards.
I think they're eastern Canada, but I've heard the boards are actually from china.
Jedi_deangelis
Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:24 am Reply with quote
YEah I got in touch with Control and they're sending me a sample deck. They do small runs and their prices are the best I've found so far. Unfortunatley Olive isn't willing to send me a sample unless I pay for it. I can understand that but at the same time I'm looking to pay them about $3000 to make some boards... you'd think they'd be willing to throw me a $20 board. I understand their reasoning though. I've heard lots of good things about their boards... if only they were closer to where I live though!

So far all I've found are "control skateboards", "Woodchuck Laminates" and "Olive skateboards". Are there no Ontario manufacturers at all? The first two are in Quebec and the last one is in Alberta. What about your Ontario shop owners... do any of you make your own shop boards? If so, who makes 'em for you?

Matt
ThrashCan
Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Jedi...setup your own factory.

Page 1 of 1