SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  B.O.N.O.S.A.  »  Its done.
Page 1 of 1    

Its done.

Nervous
Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 09 Feb 2003 Posts: 2841 Location: a room with a view
After spending god knows how much I have finally quit buying decks.
I dont think Ive bought a deck in about 6 monyhs now and I think its finally done.
I recently sold off all of my collection as I just couldnt see having that much cash on the walls and under the bed and in the attic and etc..

and by the way.... YES, I feel like shit.
old charlie
Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:38 pm Reply with quote

lunkerlineside
Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:14 am Reply with quote
man, that is depressing

but dont you think you should have given it more than six months?

ive gone six months before without even thinking about buying a new deck and then all of a sudden BAM!! it hits you and you're right back in it and loving it like you never left.
soulrider
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:11 pm Reply with quote
I confess that I sold a few boards once melting clocks, SALBA Tiger, etc. and still regret it, and looking for them yet again. I am over my SC kick though.

Its art to me plain and simple. No one thought a monet or picasso would be worth 1 million dollars. Slow and steady wins the race. In 20 years I will have a $50,000 collection and it wont take a 1,000 boards to do it, but quality art.

I have taken time off, but I always end up back here. Take some time for the wife to cool off. Then I come back, pick up a couple of more boards here and there.
laura
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 19 Feb 2005 Posts: 14 Location: jackson mississippi
Do you have the book Disposable? Can't you show that to your wife and ask if she thinks any of them are "pretty"? There HAS to be a way to convince her to like or at least tolerate your passion.
soulrider
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Dont have desposable (yet). yeah, she sees all the boards I have and I tell her how they have appreciated over the years. I show her the art, and she could care less. Its the typical thing most go through, its more economics to her. Thats the main beef I think most of us face ( millionaire I am not).

I had many boards in my youth (80s), but I had a white dip SALBA voodo my dad bought for my birthday in 88'. I hardly rode it and ended up selling it a few years later at a garage sale for pennys. I would give my left nut for it now. Times change.
laura
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 19 Feb 2005 Posts: 14 Location: jackson mississippi
You will love that book- but it's not gonna help your addiction AT ALL...
thugfrm87
Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:07 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Must put book down! Can't take it! Cut up credit card! AHHHHHH!
SkaterBonds
Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:30 pm Reply with quote
There have been times when I was considering selling my $10G worth of Transformers and Skateboards that I have accumulated over the years, but I realy like the way Jhonny Depp put it in the movie Blow...

"Money isn't real. It comes and goes and the only thing left when it's gone are the memories of how you chose to spend it."

If you can't afford to collect everything, that's okay. Don't give up. It's a part of who you were as a kid and that's important to remember. Just go back to basics and hang on to the 3-5 decks that you remember.

There is justification in selling posessions that you don't enjoy (keeping crap in the attic and out of sight otherwise), but if you display and have any sentimental value that goes with a deck, think about what's important to you 4 years from now and if what you sell the deck for is worth the trade in what you get for the money it brings.

That's realy a drag about your lady's enthusiasm. I'm truely sorry to hear about that. My girl loves my toys and she's into it too, but not everyone is the same. She has things that I like that I wouldn't necessarily spend my money on, but as long as she can afford her hobbies, I'm happy for her.

Just keep a few of the ones you realy like!
shazbot
Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:08 pm Reply with quote
hey, not to get involved in your marriage, but does she know how bad you feel about it? perhaps some parallel you could draw to something in her life? and, if you get back into it..."all things in moderation" is the only way I can deal with my fixations...

Page 1 of 1