SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  POOL, PARK, BANKS & PIPES  »  Florida's East Coast: Mini-Ramps?
Page 1 of 1    

Florida's East Coast: Mini-Ramps?

Rob_B
Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:21 am Reply with quote
Hey all,

Trekked up to the Satellite Beach park last Saturday and enjoyed skating their 4' mini and was wondering if there are any more decent mini-ramps at parks from Melbourne, FL south to West Palm Beach.

The mini at the Vans Park in Orlando is nice, but the spine isn't my cup of tea and the kids pretty much think that it's ok to drop in any time, even when people are trying boardslides and disasters right on top of their feet.

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Bumpity bump bump.

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:39 pm Reply with quote
There's a few at the Merrit Island Skatepark. They have punk shows there at night. mohawksteve skated them last time we were up there.

Member #388
mikedwalrus
Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 05 Jul 2004 Posts: 226 Location: New Smyrna Bch, FL
Stone Edge in South Daytona beach has a fun 4' mini bowl with skate lite and metal coping. A fun little bowl, worth a look if your in the area.
Rob_B
Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:06 pm Reply with quote
That's not the Merrit Island "Paradise Funplex" park is it? That place looks nice, but is crazy expensive to skate. We went to the Graffitti Skatezone a few weeks back and didn't skate, it looked run down and didn't seem too well taken care of.

Best ramp I've seen in that area so far is the one at the Satellite Beach park, I've even considered taking some liquid nails up there with me to fix the coping on the one side of the ramp.

I haven't been to SE in ages, was thinking about possibly heading up to visit family sometime this summer, might pay off.

The 6 to 8 foot ramp at Vans is very nice, but the skatelite is way too slippery for anyone in their right mind to skate. They need to mop the shit down with some coke water or something to make it sticky. Same thing with the many, all I do is carve and grind on it because lips tricks are suicide when you're coming back in.

Page 1 of 1