SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SNOWBOARDS  »  back from first CO trip
Page 1 of 1    

back from first CO trip

fox26
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:34 pm Reply with quote
E P I C ...except when fletch ate bark and dislocated his shoulder

Loveland Pass

Vail Pass - Shrine Ridge

Fox26

Fletch

Vail Pass - Untouched

Fletch - Drop

Fletch - Drop 2

Fox26

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:20 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Ohhhhoooooooooo

gimme some snow
LLpeteJ
Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:48 am Reply with quote
sweet pics!!..did you ride that side of loveland pass from the top? the pic looks like its at the top of the pass on the a-basin side. it is avalance hell over on that side of the pass. i have in my snow journal in 1996 i rode loveland pass 36 days in a row and it was freshies 30 of those days

i fucking hate new england..ya lucky bastid
fox26
Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:21 pm Reply with quote
We didn't ride Loveland Pass - tempting but wrong conditions and we didn't have beacons. I was warned not to ride there w/o a beacon.

I did ride the resort at Loveland. I liked it a lot, cheap tix and good terrain, especially the top cornice/ridge runs. I got pitched on one run and cartwheeled 4 times. Fortunately, I just hurt my ego.

I hit Vail - which, in terms of the rest of the trip, sucked.

Fletch and I rode Vail Pass for a day and a half. Classic fun - good friends, nice hike, warm bluebird day, boot deep power. Only problem was I forgot sunscreen and baked my face and nose so bad that it blistered, pussed, and became rock hard. That sucked.

The day I was flying out we decided to hit the Loveland resort again (6-10 inches of fresh fell the night before). Fletch kissed a tree on the first run and severely dislocated his shoulder. Scary situation -- thank God it didn't happen in the backcountry. He got a head start for the hospital in the ambulance, so I took a few runs (with Fletch's moaning, morphine induced permission) before heading off to NorCal.

This was my first trip out west. I'm already planning for next year. I'm going to make it a longer trip. We're thinking of UT but if I go back to CO then I'm looking to try Loveland Pass and possibly (skills permitting) Silverton.

Page 1 of 1