SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  MANUFACTURERS FORUM  »  stronger decks - ply ways?
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

stronger decks - ply ways?

notaint
Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:51 am Reply with quote
I use fiberglass in alot of decks I build. Carbon costs to0 much for me to screw up
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
lessthancivil
Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:36 am Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure I am the guy notaint is talking about. We do not build thousands of boards at a time but have enough experience across a range of disciplines to answer your first question.

No, the perfect ply layups have yet to be produced for every skateboarding situation but very good ones as well described by Skinny have existed for many years.

If you have outlined the requirements for how you want your board to end up, issues like wood selection, quality control , construction methods and deciding on manufacturers become more manageable. If you have not, take the time. It will save you a ton of effort and money if you know what you want to do.

With regard to laying ply's diagonally, we use the multi grain orientation method and even with the material waste, have managed to keep the cost down while heating the outdoor patio from time to time while relaxing with a good red wine after a hard day in the shop

Drop me a line - [email protected] if you are interested.
We are primarily a custom fab shop so we get a lot of weird shtuff to deal with.

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2