SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  MANUFACTURERS FORUM  »  Chinese Decks...
Page 1 of 3    Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Chinese Decks...

crailtapper
Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Click here for a list of Chinese/Not Chinese/Mexican deck companies. I made it because I couldn't find a legit list, so here you go. Spread it around and contribute if you can.

Thanks,
Ross Martel
civilian2b
Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Aug 2004 Posts: 1631 Location: *IN* The Deathbox
just called shorty's

800-773-4999

spoke with erin (who confirmed with a woman named Tessa) that said they use canadian wood and manufacture their decks in the u.s.

Quote:
Shorty's is and will always be a Skater owned and operated company that puts out the best quality shit

http://www.shortysinc.com/shortys_2004/about/index.html

-yourhumbleservant -hecubus[/quote]
crailtapper
Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the help man, I'll be sure to give you credit.
civilian2b
Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Aug 2004 Posts: 1631 Location: *IN* The Deathbox
sure..just use my stage name

Richard Starkey
Slim
Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 06 Sep 2003 Posts: 2954 Location: pedro point, nor cal
I'm quite sure that Powell's decks are made in Santa Barbara, just like they always have been.

I'm with you on this issue but you have to really, really triple-check all information before spreading it around. If it is not accurate it will just confuse the issue and people will start to not care.
crailtapper
Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:02 pm Reply with quote
I found that out the hard way unfortunately. Skate One e-mailed me, so that's all fixed. The list is pretty accurate now. I'd like to thank everyone who helped, and if you aren't on the site right now, you will be soon.

Ross
Slim
Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 06 Sep 2003 Posts: 2954 Location: pedro point, nor cal
I like what you said about Mexico. Personally I'm down with our Mexican brothers and sisters and their more southernly neighbors, too, and they are the ones making the decks whether it's here in California or down there, but I feel it's better to import a worker than export a job.

Unfortunately a lot of people are against that and would like to keep the southerners out of this country and since no u.s. born will do the work here for the low wages that provide the profit margins our greedy corporate owners demand (hey, ferraris are expensive!), a lot of stuff gets shifted offshore where they can pay low labor rates. I'd rather they'd be allowed to employ Mexicans, legal or fake legal (get taxed just the same) here and keep more money in our local economies (Mexican workers here pay taxes and buy stuff here with their dough).

But China...well, we all agree on that one, right?

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:43 am Reply with quote
i want to see this list
Fedupskateboards
Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Hey, the list isn't working for me, maybe the site is down or something, but here is couple tid bits i know, which is probably on the site already and im making an ass out of myself, but here ya go:

1. Birdhouse, Shorty's, listen, and ourselves are all candaian/us or "north american hardrock maple" and made out of Hawthorne, CA.

2. I read an interview with the owner of crailtap, and he basically said that all manufacturers still located in the US are gunna go out of business unless they move to cheap labor nations. He made a valid point and I can't actually find the article but im gunna try and quote him as best as i can here, "what does it matter where it's made if its the same crap? if its made in China, its made by Chinese ...If its made in Mexico, its made by Mexicans ...if its made in the US its made by Mexicans."

I mean I don't really know what i would do in their situations, but Im guessing nearly every one of us would take that extra couple mil or so a year extra we'd get from saving money out of country.

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:38 pm Reply with quote
where are girl/chocolate boards made?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Page 1 of 3    Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next