SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  POOL, PARK, BANKS & PIPES  »  Iowa boys...you out there? Spencer park info anyone?
Page 1 of 1    

Iowa boys...you out there? Spencer park info anyone?

audiboy04
Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Looks like I may have to be spending the weekend at the in-laws this coming weekend of Feburary 19th, in Jackson, MN. They've got a small park there, but it's outdoors, with crummy purple launch ramps, and it's February here in Minnesota. Sure, most of the snow is gone, but the temp changes so much week to week, its not funny.

Anyways, my in-laws are about 45 minutes North of Spencer, Iowa. I know that they've got a nice concrete park there now, from seeing online somewhere. Anyone know if it's open yet for the year? I know the snow pack is less in Iowa than it is here, but I'm assuming that it's too early to be open for the spring. I cannot seem to find anything on the web about it, or a website for it.

Anyone help me out? Link for park info? Someone near the park know?

Thanks for any info.

-D
audiboy04
Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:22 am Reply with quote
Since nobody came up and confessed to being around this park, I'm still heading down to it this weekend. I understand that they have a shop at the park, so at least i'll be able to check out the park somewhat, and maybe do some shopping.

Hoping that if they have a similar snow cover at the Twin Cities has (slim to none), maybe I'll still be able to take a run or two in the cold.

I'm also bringing my digital camera to take some photos. So, if anyone is interested in seeing what it looks like (I still have no website to post them on for all to view, but i'm working on it), PM me and I can email them to you.

-D
lightnin'
Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:01 pm Reply with quote
rEfLoG a GoLfEr

Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:50 pm Reply with quote
I finally got off my ass and figured out the Yahoo photo album. Here is a link to my album, which shows shotos of the Spencer park, covered in snow. Didn't get to ride it - a snowstorm came through. I'll definitely go back though - it looks to be a great park. All concrete!

-D

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/audiboy04/my_photos

@lightnin - yeah, I golf. I like to punish myself in other ways, besides skateboarding.

Page 1 of 1