SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM  »  Insurance
Page 3 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Insurance

raf
Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:12 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
What we would need is a Kelley Blue Book for boards. Anybody know about how to make a book like that an official price guide book for all insurance brokers to follow? Any publishers here?
mac
Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:49 am Reply with quote
well, a kelly blue book or becketts merely tracks what the market bears by gathering and averaging auction results. "We" already have that in AOS - only difference is that its on the web and not printed.

I'm a group medical broker - I'm going to ask one of the ladies that handles homeowners what she thinks. Maybe she can call a few carriers and ask.
vaskateboards
Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:54 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
@ mac

tell her to get in touch with this guy- I think he can help.

vaskateboards wrote:

I called this guy Robert Connelly the other day his phone # 607-722-9593
email: [email protected]
He apraises sports memorobilia and is in NY somewhere.

so there you have it
mac
Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:25 pm Reply with quote
I'm back - Heres what my compadre colleen had to say -

1 - If your agent is giving you a hard time find another agent. She said its not up to the agent to decide if any collection is insurable. Its likely that the agent just doesn't want to take the time to pass on your request to the underwriters.

2 - Some carriers are more apt to issue scheduled coverage on odd items than other carriers are. For instance - we almost exclusively use chubb for all of the homes we insure that are valued over 500k. Evidently their underwriters will issue scheduled coverage for anything. One of our clients just insured an antique oboe for 10k. They came back with a price of $1.85/per thousand per month.

3 - Everything has a price - a standard rate for jewelery may be $1.20 per thousand but you never know what they may charge for a rare skateboard collection until the underwriters consider it. The main thing is providing them with all the documentation you can gather - AOS, your buying records, those articles in transworld about how much we collectors have been spending, etc.

4 - If the collectors as a community can find an appraiser who is willing to educate himself about the market and provide appraisals that would be really helpful.

Thats what I got for now - I'm buying a house soon so I'll let you know what happens when I add my decks to my policy.

Page 3 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3