SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  MANUFACTURERS FORUM  »  New Company ...any tips?
Page 2 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

New Company ...any tips?

NJSkateDad
Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Fedup,
Good luck with the boards.

I just received 50 decks from Prime last week. They came out really nice. You'll be happy with them.
Check out our graphic on www.gromskateboards.com
The heat transfer looks way better in person than my pics.
Prime was really great to deal with. The turnaround was 3 weeks, delivered!! Very happy dealing with them

Stickers: www.123stickers.com
T-Shirts: www.CustomInk.com

-Rob
www.GromSkateboards.com
Fedupskateboards
Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:07 am Reply with quote
well i get the boards tomorrow i hope it goes great. Thanks for all your help and any more is still welcome.

Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:17 am Reply with quote
right on, my boards come on thursday.

Make sure to check each deck for defects like airbubbles between plys. Sliding your hand along the top of the deck should reveal this problem.
oasis
Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Anyone ever have any problems with misdrilled holes or anything with decks from Mimic?

I got a deck or two with this problem a couple runs back. Just wondering...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ThrashCan
Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:29 am Reply with quote
nah not that I know of. I had 2 decks with airbubbles once, no biggie. I told Travis and he now presses the decks longer to make sure that doesnt happen.
Fedupskateboards
Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:47 am Reply with quote
lol thanks for pointing out that all the decks might not be perfect. I didn't focus too much on thinking about that. You guys know any other "tests" i guess you'd say i could run to make sure they are free of defects? Also, I thought the decks were coming Monday and since they are the first shipment i have been super anxious to see them so every big truck i heard outside i ran to my window only to feel dumb when it wasn't the ups guy. lol. well i got the tracking number and they come tomorrow. I'll let you guys know how it goes. thanks again,
Josh

Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 29 Jan 2005 Posts: 52 Location: MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA
Turn our decks upside down on the carpet and stand on 'em don't jump (you can if you want maybe one just to see the strength). There should be minimal flex in the board, if it touches the floor you have problem with strength in laminating/wood and your decks will bust real quick - not a good selling point. check out some of the chinese shit and you see what i'm talking about...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TenetSW
Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:35 am Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Dec 2004 Posts: 639 Location: on the outside looking in
just curios if there is a weight limit to that test cause i did that to about four of my friends boards ( all american wood ) and they all touched the ground.

I do weigh about 230 lbs though...

Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:10 am Reply with quote
Joined: 29 Jan 2005 Posts: 52 Location: MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA
It is not a good sign if they touch the ground at all. I'd say an average of 80 - 90 kgs is a guide any more and they should be snapping of creaking like hell. We test our boards at around 250kg and they all hold up. I would be slightly suss about the strength of those boards and be careful, there ain't too many manufacturers that will admit to there boards flexing being a problem but trust me it is...
Fedupskateboards
Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:47 am Reply with quote
yeahh I've learned a lot in the last month or so. A while back before going with Prime I ordered sample decks from about 10 other major manufacturers. That was the main test i did was that turn em upside down on the carpet move. It's probably the best thing i could find for quickly determining the strength of a deck. Prime was at the top, but not the strongest. Ehh its ok though, remember there are other factors in determining if a deck is of good quality besides that. A lot of companies that might have strong decks might transfer graphics poorly, have overly heavy boards to ensure strength, round their noses and tails unevenly, and just plain have crappy services. I think that's why i went with Prime - because of their reputation. In that their decks are fairly strong, super lightweight, they offer a wide variety of molds, and have amazing services along with a good turn-around time. It's good to be able to tell people "well did you ever skate a darkstar monster mold? ...same thing." If another manufacturer pops up with better quality decks and better prices (in my opinion that is) i'll definately go with them, if not im pretty sure i'll stick to Prime.

Page 2 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next