SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  DOWNHILL / SPEEDBOARDING / LONGBOARDS  »  whats up with the "new" Hustler?
Page 1 of 1    

whats up with the "new" Hustler?

WEDGE
Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:20 am Reply with quote
Joined: 14 Dec 2001 Posts: 2176 Location: Hebron , Connecticut
I heard mention a ways back about a new Hustler.....is it out yet? is it different other than colors/graphics?

of course my original one is still solid as a friggin rock after much abuse for many many moons....killer deck!
MileHighSkates
Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:20 am Reply with quote
Joined: 28 Apr 2004 Posts: 2708 Location: Boulder County, CO
Could we please get an ETA on this and the Numbchuck, EDL, El Disco, etc?
Stubbs
Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Mile High Mark and everyone else waiting for Hustlers, Numchchucks and el Diablo Locos:

First, I want to apologize for the delay. I know the demand is high and we are moving as fast as we can to accomodate.

When Afroman switched woodshops, we thought we would be able to take our molds with us. This, unfortunately, was not the case. We are currently undertaking the task of replicating the molds from the actual boards themselves. Jim Gray and crew at ABC boards are now making all of our boards and they have done an outstanding job on our street decks, the only boards that have so far been produced by ABC for Afroman. I spoke with Afroman owner Jonny Day this morning and he was working on the molds as I was on the phone with him. I would love to be able to give you an ETA but I want that ETA to be somewhat accurate so I can't really give you one. A few weeks back when we thought we would have the old molds we thought we would have these boards done and out to you by now. My best guess would be middle of November. As soon as the molds are done for the Hustler II, I will post a pic of the new graphics by Tim Shawl.

Again, sorry for the delay, guys, but such are the problems encountered by small, independent board companies.
WEDGE
Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 14 Dec 2001 Posts: 2176 Location: Hebron , Connecticut
I hope that the new wood shop can live up to the standards of your previous one as far as quality of the wood and stiffness, etc.

that has not been the case with some other brands I have ridden....
theshralpster
Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:07 pm Reply with quote
you used wood and stiffness in the same sentence...
Stubbs
Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:13 pm Reply with quote
WEDGE wrote:
I hope that the new wood shop can live up to the standards of your previous one as far as quality of the wood and stiffness, etc.

that has not been the case with some other brands I have ridden....

Wedge,

If the longs come out anywhere near as good as the wood for the shorts then you will be very pleased. Jim Gray cuts no corners and settles for only THE best. This is not unlike our previous manu Geometrics. Conspiracy boards are still being produced there and their boards are outstanding. Karlos Spaeth of Geometrics is a master of building boards and we wish him nothing but the best.
chrisolden
Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:30 pm Reply with quote
hey,
Even though my Hustler still has plenty of life left,
I'd get another one at the drop of the proverbial
hat. Perfect length, concave is _very_ nice and the
construction is ROCK SOLID.
Again, the MOST versatile deck out there.
Can't wait to see the new one!
chris olden
tricktips
Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:09 am Reply with quote
It will be worth the wait. Jim Gray makes hands-down the best longboards anywhere. I'm still riding my 48" Acme that he gave me in 1999. It has survived many bonelesses and beanplants, and is still my most treasure board. Fucking killer.

Page 1 of 1