SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SKARFING MATERIAL  »  good food in DC
Page 1 of 1    

good food in DC

civilian2b
Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:56 am Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Aug 2004 Posts: 1631 Location: *IN* The Deathbox
so with the fairly large nova/md/dc crowd we 've got here, i'm wondering if you guys could point me in the direction of the small mom and pop, hole-in-the-wall places that have some seriously good food without breaking the bank..i'm an equal-opportunity-eater..all cuisine is welcome

thanks
corporate food still sucks!

fourandahalf
Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:30 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
i'm not a DC local, but i do recall Burrito Brothers being pretty darn good. they are located by dupont circle. i haven't been to DC in years, but about 7 years ago it seemed i was there every other month and burrito brothers was always a neccasary stop!!
civilian2b
Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:02 am Reply with quote
actually i just hit that place up a few weeks ago...me and kids both dug it , and their salsa was durn tasty...

so how's miami beach been treating you?
fourandahalf
Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:50 am Reply with quote
ignore this and continue with the scheduled thead topic!!!

miami beach always treats me good. i love and hate this place!! i have a reasonable cost of living for living just blocks away from the beach i NEVER go to. i make a decent living at a restuarnt right on the beach. there are a few faults...1) living in any tourist area always makes the citizens secondary. the tourist really pay the way and citizens are secondary. 2) miami is known for it's gluttony and superficiality. this is ok if you want to live in a music video (watch BET and MTV for examples), but for an average joe like myself thats just wants to worry about the normal things in life this can be frustrating. 3). miami is known for bass, and i don't mean the fish!! i mean loud cars blasting bass, so loud that it seems the quarterpanels will vibrate off, this will not allow you to sleep at the normal hours of sleep. 4) and finally i hate to say this because i'm a gringo, but latin machismo does exist and it seems like alot of people down her walk around with a chip on their shoulds and are looking for a fight.

now for the good stuff!! 1) i live just a few blocks from the beach!! 2) i have met people from all walks of live that i have never and would never have met under normal circumstance!! 2) i only wear pants because i CHOSE to, i could wear shorts all year if i wanted!! 3) the bars are open until 5am and reopen at 8am. i'm not an alcoholic, but this is important due to the odd hours i work at a 24 hour restuarnt. 4) we have the miami dolphins and the miami hurricanes.....you might think these teams suck, but you have not seen a true football game until you've seen a game at the orange bowl!!!.............

i coud contimue forever as to why i love and hate this place, but i've hi-jacked this thread enough!!!!!!

DC HAS SOME GREAT INDIAN FOOD!!!!!!!!

(edit due to my saying the bars open at 7am when it is really 8am. i guess i was getting a hopfull and pushed the time ahead an hour!)

Last edited by fourandahalf on Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total
civilian2b
Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:52 am Reply with quote
right on...now on with the food...
fourandahalf
Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:15 am Reply with quote
i would have also mentioned that a positive to living in miami beach is that your just 45 minutes from the florida keys!! the fried seafood capital of florida...mmmmmm fried seafood!!! also we have stone crabs from oct15-may15. for those that have not had stone crabs, they are extremely expensive but worth every penny!!

, but i digress this is a thread about DC food and i have hi-jacked it again!!!

i was asked how miami beach is treating me.......that's my excuse!
vaskateboards
Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:43 pm Reply with quote
There are 2 really nice places in Adams Morgan:
French restaurant (can't remember the name) halfway up 18th Street and a Brasilian Restaurant on Columbia Road - go up 18th Street turn left on Columbia and it's about 300 yards on your left kind of pricey but awesome food and awesome cocktails I think it's called Ipanima.
If you like crabs and seafood checkout Tim's Rivershore Shack in Dumfries right on the Potomac.
zodiac13
Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 09 Aug 2002 Posts: 4822 Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Last time I was in DC, the Black Cat had a decent,menu. Plus, you can catch a rock show while you're eating.

Also, if you shoot tequila, shoot it with hot-sauce in the bottom of the glass. My buddy and I were doing this (it does actually taste really fuckin' good) and we managed to get a few extra free shots from the bar because they were amazed at our redneck drinking strategy...

Posted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:07 pm Reply with quote
redneck's have a drinking strategy? what is it? don't drop the 'shine?

thanks for the info
mdvadcskated
Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Ok best food in md/va/dc area

skate at van dyke, then stop at the 29 diner.
skate at vans, then go across the street, to the chili joint,Hard Times Cafe, Dilerium on tap, good food.
Rockville- best sushi in town, Taipi Tokyo Cafe
Kensington, Best steak and cheese- Continental subs & pizza
Wheaton, best Italian sub, Marchones
Wheaton, best Puruvian rotisere chicken, Pollo Rico
McLean- best burger(blue cheese burger actually-Mc Keevers Pub

need i say more.

Page 1 of 1