SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SKARFING MATERIAL  »  Subs, Hoagies, Grinders, Po Boys...
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

Subs, Hoagies, Grinders, Po Boys...

fourandahalf
Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:45 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
i have to disagree with guys. quizno's absolutely sucks! i've given that place three tries now, which is two more than i usually give a resturant i dislike. all three times i had barley anything on my sandwich. finally the last time i started to ask for extra toppings just so i could get what i felt was a normal amout and i was told "that will cost extra, everything is pre-portioned." fuck them!

best sub ever has to go to the place that 305 used to work at, and i didn't know he worked there when i used to go so there is no bias here.

thay had a hot ham and cheese that ruled. makes my mouth water just thinking about it. it was shaved ham and cheddar grilled together to make one big mess of melted cheese and ham. i would have some mayo and lettuce thrown on, with a dash of salt and pepper. mmmmmmmm sandwich heaven. it's pretty basic, but great non-the-less!!

i kept say had and was because the location i used to go to went out of business, but there might be a few still left in miami. it's called hungry bear subs. 305 any help on this one?
SkateRags
Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:20 pm Reply with quote
I dont care what you put on them as far as meat goes, if you dont have good bread throw that fucker right in the trash.
As for my likes, cold no mayo, put oil and various cold cuts and Im happy.
Hero's in Chicago used to be the shit when I was a kid, still there but heard its not the same. As far as chains go, if i have to go to a chain I go to Mr Submarine. The meat is ok but the bread is decent. I have yet to try Jimmy Johns and I have a taste for a sub. I may have to search for one that is less then an hour away.
The Green Monkey
Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 15 Jun 2002 Posts: 14107 Location: Fucking a giant scorpion, duh.
Rags:

http://www.jimmyjohns.com/locations/i...+il&showAll=1

If you happen to hit any of the Milwaukee stores, ask for the Pink Monkey and drop my name. He owns all of them...

Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Yea I checked that right after my post, one not to far away. There seems to be alot of them, for some reason I have never seen one.
Wife says the bread looks soft, we prefer sturdy bread. I am going to have to try it anyway, but probably not with the wife with me and then just give her a report.
The Green Monkey
Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 15 Jun 2002 Posts: 14107 Location: Fucking a giant scorpion, duh.
The bread is delicious, however it will not cut the roof of your mouth, so I don't know if it will pass the sturdy test.

They do sell day old loaves if they baked too much the day before though.

Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:36 am Reply with quote
zodiac13 wrote:
Mayomustardayonaise!
"Are you tired of being a slave to a TWO JAR SYSTEM?!"
"Goodbye dad, I'm dying." (Dad shrugs as if to say "what can I do?")
"Warning, Mayonaise will expire before mustard."

"Wow mom.. I can tell you used two jars for the mustard AND the mayo!"
305oldschool
Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:29 am Reply with quote
@ 4.5: there are still a few Hungry Bears around. The 1st and most famous is across the street from MDCC Kendall Campus. The original guy still owns and runs that one. Nothing has changed in 20 years. Same bakery, meats, cheeses... The portions they use blow everyone out of the water.

Member #388
fourandahalf
Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:38 am Reply with quote
@305- i used to go to the one in kendall lakes mall. damn, that was well over 15 years ago, back when my family first moved to florida. the only thing by our house was kendall lakes mall, don carter's kendall lanes, alot of u-pick strawberry fields, and boystown bmx track.....we used to be in the middle of nowhere. now that place is right in the middle of EVERYWHERE and there is no more hungry bear. fuck....for awhile kendall lakes mall went to shit so i kow why they closed that location. i can remember seeing the abyss several times at the kendall lakes mall theater for just .25cents, no lie!!!!

anyway, back on track....hungry bear subs was/is awesome......i miss that place!!!!!
modskin
Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:48 am Reply with quote
For the best Po-Boy ever, I highly recommend the Come Back Inn in Metairie, LA. Some people will say that Central Grocery in downtown New Orleans makes them, but you have to go to Metairie for 'em.

That said, Central Grocery makes the best Muffaletta in New Orleans.

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2