SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED:  »  groundbreaking skateboard designs
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

groundbreaking skateboard designs

www.spyhillskates.com
Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:42 pm Reply with quote
I'd just like to find some concrete history on Boulder. I've yet to find any mention of them anywhere, and between the Dogtown, Variflex, Krytonics and Zorlacs decks they produced in '79 you would be hard-pressed to find a more innovative manufacturing leap in the history of skating other than the discovery of the urethane wheel.

By the way, the Washington Post ran a great article on Frank Nasworthy last week with a quote or two from our forum host. I still don't see why Vernon Heitfield from Creative Urethanes isn't given more credit, but Frank's place in history is an important one. Still seems strange that Virginia holds a pivotal spot in the evolution of skating when everything seemed to be happening so far away from here at the time. Skateboarder was our window into what was breaking out West. Everything seemed so divided for a few years. It had changed by the mid 80s though. I guess the lack of parks in the East was the biggest difference.
PlayGod
Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:08 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
PacHesh, yes, they did an F13 article. But I think it's time for an update.

LLpeteJ
Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:58 pm Reply with quote
vilms wrote:
I thought the bolt holes thing was to stop the outer bolts getting munged when dropping in: Hence the move to beyond the pivot.

they moved the bolt holes because of when you do blunt slides on concrete it would wear away the baseplates and the bolts were to close to the edge
PlayGod
Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:36 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
PacHesh:
I must have some latent memory loss from when I was in your shoes... here's the F13 article that ran in Concrete Wave, by George "Mellowcat at Bowlrider dot com" Medina, posted up on Art of Skateboarding...
http://www.artofskateboarding.com/Com...ticledet.asp?ID=9

Anytime I feel like straying from F13, I just read that article and I'm born again. (yes, I am sick)

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2