SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SKARFING MATERIAL  »  Mike's Beef Blast
Page 1 of 1    

Mike's Beef Blast

ShackleMeNot
Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:56 am Reply with quote
I make these at home and work quite often, very good for people who like roast beef and sloppy ass sandwiches.

Depending on how hungry you are, or how many people you plan to feed, you'll need anywhere between a 1/4 pound (good for 1 sandwich) and multiply that by people of Black Angus roast beef from the deli. Get a couple containers of au jus as well, and some beefstock soup base. Kaiser rolls work well, but sausage rolls and Italian bread do the job very nicely as well.

Pour the au jus into a small sauce/soup pan and add a little bit of water and about 5 tsp of the beef flavoring. It hels to dissolve when you have the heat on high, but you want to cook the meat on medium.

PLace about a 1/4 pound of the beef into the juice for about 15-20 seconds to heat up, remove and place on choice of roll. Then with tongs take the entire sandwich and submerge in the au jus for another 10 seconds or so. Add peppers/cheese/whatever you prefer, and dig in.

Also, you may want to wear a poncho, these get rather messy.

Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 09 Aug 2002 Posts: 4822 Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Awesome. You cannot beat that. I had something very similar in Chicago.

You can also try a traditional New Orleans sandwich known as the "Ferdi". Roast beef on french bread, melted swiss cheese, smothered in brown gravy (NOT au jus) and topped with cole slaw. Another messy slice of heaven.

Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 09 Aug 2002 Posts: 4822 Location: Birmingham, Alabama
I also just noticed that you are located in the Chicago area and that I am an idiot for passing along the geographic location of my meal to you.

You should still try the New Orleans version, just for giggles. Carry on...

Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:13 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Is it a chicago thing to dip beefs like that. I have never had a beef sandwich anywhere else. I cant eat those dipped beefs. Maybe with a knife and fork, but who wants to eat a sandwich with a fork
ShackleMeNot
Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:31 am Reply with quote
It may well be a Chicago thing, I know they do it at Al's beef restaurants, and I know my lil recipe is probably far from original, but it's somethin i came across one day at work, became rather popular with coworkers and customers, so i figured I'd share it with you guys.

I don't think i could eat the new orleans style though, i'm really not a fan of cole slaw, or anything containing cabbage for that matter.

Page 1 of 1