SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM  »  hip pads?
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

hip pads?

Da Judge
Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:54 am Reply with quote
I use the Crash-Pads. Best 60.00 I ever spent. I used to get the WORST hippers, but now, I look forward to falling on my ass! Seriously...invest in the Crash-Pads. Good Luck, Guy
AdultSwim
Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:32 pm Reply with quote
I'm having trouble with those Crash-Pads:

I e-mailed them for help with fit, because they're sizes were like 32-34 and 36-38, and I'm about 34 1/2. They said "measure your waist and use that number" Fuckers, I already told them what the measurement was.

So I ordered the larger ones and they came from about my nipples to my knees.

I sent them back at my expense, asking for the next size down, three weeks ago, and no response.

I use a girdle designed for in-line hockey - the brand is Mission. They're actually really good, you can remove all the ones you don't need, and just use the two hip pads and the tailbone pad. Easy to wash also. I bought them at Play It Again Sports or Sports Authority, can't remember.

I assumed that the ones designed more for skating would be better, but so far I've tried and returned:
Pro-Tec IPS, couldn't move in them, and too much padding you don't need and can't remove.
Austin Sports gear - these look right, but once again if you're in between medium and large you're screwed.
Crash-Pads - see above.

I'm a good crash test dummy, because I skate over my head all the time and I fall really badly and I weigh too much. Those Missions have saved my ass. For real, yo.
patsplat80
Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:50 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
just got back from vacation, and when i was around internet, S&B was down, so yea, thanks again for the advice....perhaps that bowl in CT in mid august.???..how far is it from NYC? 2 hours? i skated wanchese in NC, insane bowl, only backside carving but it was fun, the locals there KILL that thing..ok
pat
PlayGod
Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:37 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
I have a pair of CrashPads shorts, but I also have some pads that will work in boxer shorts... way more comfortable.

Get a 1/2" thick closed cell foam camping mattress and some wide doublestick self-adhesive velcro.

Cut out hip and tail pads like the old football pads... giant guitar pick shapes for the hips, and a tapered triangle for the tailbone.

Stick some hook-side velcro near the tops of the pads, and then stick them to the waistband of your boxers, or wedge them under bike shorts... instant pads, and they can be slapped in anytime, even when you are doing plainclothes sessions.

I usually just put in the leading hip when I'm hitting my little driveway ramps or ditches... 'cause I usually fall on that hip.

The Crash Pads are the ticket for professional grade aerial warfare, but the mini pads are great for soul sessions.

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2