SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  BUSINESS, SHOPS & RETAILERS  »  which of these is the best blank deck company:
Page 3 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

which of these is the best blank deck company:

stillboardin
Posted: Mon May 24, 2004 11:26 pm Reply with quote
I can't find a company that will do more square tail shapes that are about 9.5 x 33 with a 16.5 wheel base. similar to the black label decks.

Need some for my shop and since I can't stand popsicle decks I need to find a shape like this.
Nick
Posted: Thu May 27, 2004 2:21 am Reply with quote
What about factory 13? I believe they make only old school decks. And Five Points Skates makes his own decks, maybe you could see if he will produce some for you...
GyS
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:09 pm Reply with quote
@Stillboardin

Perhaps you need to stock some brands that make those shapes, SMA, Alva, BDS, Skull, Etc.

They will sell better than some blank Old school deck, plus you get to support the companies.
shunsu
Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:10 am Reply with quote
Joined: 11 Apr 2004 Posts: 46 Location: Halifax, NS - Canada
Whichever one you choose be very careful how you proceed. i contacted one of the companies in your list; which i won't name since the events could have been put in motion by the employee i spoke with as opposed to the company themselves; and i got screw'd hard. I came up with a great line of decks... all very similar yet different enough to stand apart. Like all lifesavers look the same but they are diff. colors and flavors. well the design idea i had was simple yet vry cool. So i contacted the company who obviously can't give ya a print quote without knowing what it is they are printing and the person i spoke with said she would send me a quote very soon. I waited and no quote... no pricing at all. I am in the process of trying to build a small skatepark (indoor) so i didn't really worry about it. i figured it'll get here when it gets here. So i am flipping through a skate mag. when there is a 2 page spreed of this new skate co. (or not very old) and its new line of decks. every deck, name, color and even the wording of the advertisement and such was mine... dead on with no variation. Now i realize that a smarter person would have sent the idea to himself via registered mail and had the envelope placed in a safety deposit box in a bank incase of just such an event. I didn't! so all i can say now is i guess i was right; it was a kick ass design idea anyway. Designers beware.

Shunsu

Page 3 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3