SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM  »  So, I tried to get away, but they dragged me back in
Page 1 of 1    

So, I tried to get away, but they dragged me back in

72ss454
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:39 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
I feel like I have been gone for a long time. For the last twelve years, I have not been on here posting trying to reach the level of blizzard. About five or six weeks ago, one of the young guys from when I was still active in the local skate scene, hit me up needing help. He had the opportunity to open a skate shop. Somehow, that led to me being the "manager". That means I am unpaid, work the shop after I leave my real job and the weekend. I have not been riding much at all the last three years, but still browse all the new stuff and kind of keep up with the reissue and retro stuff. Jumping back into actively purchasing is a bit harder. It appears Black Box Distribution is no more. Baker Boys Distribution and Deluxe I can't get a reply, but NHS, Tum Yeto, and Dwindle have been secured. Need help/advice from anyone willing to help.

If you are ever in Cullman Alabama, look up Side B Skate Shop. Cullman finally opened a small, but decent public skate park and we are halfway between the new Birmingham and Huntsville parks.

I'll finish with a typical 72ss454 story. Last night, I decided to go ride with the locals. I'm 45, out of shape, didn't stretch, but wasn't doing anything, yet. Riding around just rolling, went from one side of the parking deck to the other to hang with the different groups. Decided to go back to the other side. Pushed once, twice, and about 2/3 a third time when I felt a sharp pain like someone rolled into the back of my pushing foot. Electric jolt of pain, fell (I still fall like a professional), and realized I messed up. Trip to the ER, an expensive pair of crutches, three prescriptions, and instructions to make an appointment with my orthopedic doctor. This is one year and five days after having shoulder surgery. Still don't know if I did something bad or just old and need to be smarter.
slob-air
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
Good luck brother, nice to see you back.

Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Get well soon.
72ss454
Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:50 am Reply with quote
Nice to be back, but sucks being out of commission for the third December in a row. Two years ago, left Achilles tendon, last year left shoulder surgery, this year right Achilles tendon tear and snapped whatever next to the Achilles.

The shop is doing so well to only be a month old. I assume the new skatepark is helping with the growth.

I need to re-educate what's popular and good, what brands suck, and what is new. Hopefully soon I will be able to take a trip to take some pictures of our park, Birmingham's Park, and the new Huntsville park once it is finished. Alabama is finally investing in skateboarding.
zeno01
Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Enjoy the ride, have fun!

Hang in there, heal up soon!

Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:03 am Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Feb 2003 Posts: 10327 Location: Raytown Travel Agency
72ss454 wrote:
I'll finish with a typical 72ss454 story...

What, no crazy chicks or legal drama? Boring but good to hear.

Take care Rob.
72ss454
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Sticks wrote:
72ss454 wrote:
I'll finish with a typical 72ss454 story...

Take care Rob.

I can't believe I missed this comment. I lived an interesting life up until I hit 40, but I have been in a stable relationship for six years now, with no drama.

Now before that, I said I do for the second time in my life, but we divorced 31 days later.

As far as the tendon, I am healed, but still rebuilding strength, but was finally able to pop a decent ollie about three weeks ago.

The Skate Shop has expanded from a a small section in the back to half the building, but in two weeks, the consignment shop is moving out, and we will have the whole building.

I have secured direct accounts with many brands, two BMX brands, and three distributors. The other shop in town closed and then reopened after rebranding and new partial ownership situation. We have a better selection, more products, and better prices. They have a slightly better location as they are closer to the park and in the "historic" warehouse district.
zeno01
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:59 pm Reply with quote
72ss454 wrote:

The Skate Shop has expanded from a a small section in the back to half the building, but in two weeks, the consignment shop is moving out, and we will have the whole building.

That's awesome, good luck!

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Take care Rob.

I can't believe I missed this comment. I lived an interesting life up until I hit 40, but I have been in a stable relationship for six years now, with no drama.

Now before that, I said I do for the second time in my life, but we divorced 31 days later.

As far as the tendon, I am healed, but still rebuilding strength, but was finally able to pop a decent ollie about three weeks ago.

geometry dash subzero
I have secured direct accounts with many brands, two BMX brands, and three distributors. The other shop in town closed and then reopened after rebranding and new partial ownership situation. We have a better selection, more products, and better prices. They have a slightly better location as they are closer to the park and in the "historic" warehouse district.

Best luck for you!

Page 1 of 1