SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  HOT DISCUSSIONS  »  Issue Three of my skate 'zine is finally done!
Page 1 of 1    

Issue Three of my skate 'zine is finally done!

MrCokesNSmokes
Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:25 am Reply with quote
It's finally done! The new Summer 2022 issue of (levitation) is (finally) up at Issuu! I'm super proud of this one! It took forever, but it was way worth the work (and the wait). Here's the link:

https://issuu.com/zeppelinaeroworks/do...ethree_summer2022

A brief history (in case you weren't there, or have long since forgotten): skate 'zines were huge in the late '80s and early '90s. Typically stapled-together photocopied pages, practically everybody made one, including Tod Swank (Swank 'Zine), Garry Scott Davis (Skate Fate), Steve Caballero... everybody made at least one, and they were pretty much everywhere. They added a lot to skateboard culture and kinda created the whole concept of "independent media" (long before the internet popularized it). They're still out there, but you've gotta search high and low for 'em these days. But they're still just as cool to read (and collect) as ever.

When we started Zeppelin Aero Works, Laura and I (mostly "I") thought it'd be fun to do one ourselves, just for kicks. Intended to be the 'ol photocopy-and-staple rag, it has (somehow) mushroomed into a 240-page, full color, digital e-'zine. Being middle-aged skaters, we obviously made the 'zine for other middle-aged skaters, and included fun stuff like camping trips; travels and adventures; roadside oddities; hotel, motel, and AirBnB reviews; restaurants, breweries, wineries, and coffee shops; art and music; and more. Named (levitation) because that's what Zeppelins and skateboarders do, it's totally free, advertising is free, everything about it is free.

(There's also an SnB ad in there for ya Blair, just to support the cause)

KevinH
Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:06 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Very cool. I dig the ditch photos the most.
lukafoer
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:55 pm Reply with quote
MrCokesNSmokes wrote:
It's finally done! The new Summer 2022 issue of (levitation) is (finally) up at Issuu! I'm super proud of this one! It took forever, but it was way worth the work (and the wait). Here's the link:

https://issuu.com/zeppelinaeroworks/do...ethree_summer2022

A brief history (in case you weren't there, or have long since forgotten): skate 'zines were huge in the late '80s and early '90s. Typically stapled-together photocopied pages, practically everybody made one, including Tod Swank (Swank 'Zine), Garry Scott Davis (Skate Fate), Steve Caballero... everybody made at least one, and they were pretty much everywhere. They added a lot to skateboard culture and kinda created the whole concept of "independent media" (long before the internet popularized it). They're still out there, but you've gotta search high and low for 'em these days. But they're still just as cool to read (and collect) as ever.

When we started Zeppelin Aero Works, Laura and I (mostly "I") thought it'd be fun to do one ourselves, just for kicks. Intended to be the 'ol photocopy-and-staple rag, it has (somehow) mushroomed into a 240-page, full color, digital e-'zine. Being middle-aged skaters, we obviously made the 'zine for other middle-aged skaters, and included fun stuff like camping trips; travels and adventures; roadside oddities; hotel, motel, and AirBnB reviews; restaurants, breweries, wineries, and coffee shops; art and music; and more. Named (levitation) because that's what Zeppelins and skateboarders do, it's totally free, advertising is free, everything about it is free.

(There's also an SnB ad in there for ya Blair, just to support the cause)

Slope 3

Well, it's so nice. I don't know, but the photo motivates me a lot
slob-air
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
Cool.

Page 1 of 1