SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM  »  So much for that idea…
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

So much for that idea…

Buddur
Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Aug 2012 Posts: 1095 Location: Western Pennsylvania
It's going to suck for a week or so till the worst pain recedes. Take yer meds as prescribed. You're going to get a brace that will keep your arm from moving, then with time the doctor will adjust the brace for slight movement, then more movement in time. Physical therapy is important cause muscle apathy and joint stiffening will occur. Got to build those muscles back up and get that elbow range of motion back to normal. I ganked my elbow about the same time of year and had all Winter to heal. If you're not a lefty now, you will be when it's all said and done.

My thread...
Beefed Again…or…I’ll Never NOT wear Pads Again

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:32 pm Reply with quote
No brace…doc says elbows get stiff and it needs to move. He wants me to straighten it as often as possible without pushing it.

The bone was in three pieces. Pain yesterday was off the fucking charts! Today less than half.

Coping tricks are off the table for me now. I’m putting on softer wheels and will just be happy cruising and carving. With my back the way it is, one more slam like that one could cause serious damage. As much as I love the progress I was making, my body just can’t handle it.

Funny how similar your x-ray is to mine. Same break.
PyratMike
Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:48 pm Reply with quote
I am happy though that I got a rock and roll on video before it happened.
Nothing special and far from my cleanest, but I just learned it and that was the biggest bowl I’d done it on. Got some good 50/50’s on the same bowl before it took me out of commission.

https://vimeo.com/650647909
GETOCAT
Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:17 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
I went to the smaller,older skatepark in Lathrop yesterday... less congested and a no crowd. Lots of flatland to do ollie pops and whatnot. Let me know if to ever want to head out there when you feel up to kicking around.

strohsbro2
Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:22 am Reply with quote
I broke my elbow 25 years ago. Even then they didn’t put a cast on it. Do your rehab/therapy faithfully. You don’t want lose mobility. Honestly it took several years before it was totally back to normal. I still get pains in it every now and then. Good luck!

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:36 am Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Aug 2012 Posts: 1095 Location: Western Pennsylvania
How's that elbow doing?

Posted: Tue May 24, 2022 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Buddur wrote:
How's that elbow doing?

Thanks for asking, I missed the post. Elbow is as good as its going to get. Got some new tricks on the mini...finally landing feebles consistently...also dropped 20 pounds in the last month!

https://imgur.com/a/02kXGaK
XSProgression
Posted: Sat May 28, 2022 1:31 pm Reply with quote
PyratMike wrote:
Been working on rolling into bowls instead of drop ins. Trying to go faster and bigger…was doing pretty good for a minute.

Snapped the end of the bone right off. Needs surgery. Had on knee pads, a back brace, and wrist guards. No elbow pads. Hung up the back truck. That’s two breaks in the last few months. Been going at it pretty hard lately.

Yeah but did you get up and land it? lol just messing. That looks brutal. Hope you heal up quick!

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2