SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  VALUE OF A SPECIFIC SKATEBOARD  »  2012 Bones Brigade Skull & Sword Team Signature Deck
Page 1 of 1    

2012 Bones Brigade Skull & Sword Team Signature Deck

momentarydogma
Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:37 pm Reply with quote
This is my first post, so I will apologize in advance about my lack of knowledge... I am NOT a collector, but I have a very limited-edition Skull & Sword board autographed by Tony Hawk, Rodney Mullen, Mike McGill, Stacy Peralta, George Powell, Lance Mountain, Steve Caballero and Tommy Guerrero. This is NOT the deck that they only sold 50 of back in 2012 to promote Stacy’s Bones Brigade documentary, it is a different colorway I believe (navy blue instead of black?) that was given to people who worked on the film or were otherwise involved in it. I have no idea how many of these were made, and the only picture I was able to find of it online was posted to a social media account for the post-production facility who worked on the movie (Anarchy Post). They posted the pic in 2012 just before the movie was released, so I assume they probably did 50 or less of these as well. The board was given to me by Stacy Peralta when I introduced the film at one of its first screenings at the Sundance Film Festival in 2012 (I still work there), and it is inscribed to me, so it has my first name on it as well, followed by “BONES BRIGADE 2012”. No idea how that impacts the value, but I assume it has some effect. The board is still in its shrinkwrap and it includes a warranty card from skateone in Santa Barbara. It has been displayed in my office for the last decade, but we got rid of personal offices during the pandemic since so many of our employees are still working from home-- I no longer have anywhere to display it so I am considering selling it even though it's a personal piece to me. Any guidance on the value would be greatly appreciated!

Buddur
Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Aug 2012 Posts: 1095 Location: Western Pennsylvania
Sweet display deck. Very cool provenance. Top and side pics would be nice.

Just curious, did you put on the trucks and wheels or did the deck come with them? Does the deck top have griptape?

Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Buddur wrote:
Sweet display deck. Very cool provenance. Top and side pics would be nice.

Just curious, did you put on the trucks and wheels or did the deck come with them? Does the deck top have griptape?

Yes, I can send more pics later-- it did indeed come with the trucks and wheels. I don't know a ton about this stuff, but the wheels are Rat Bones 90A 2008 Re-Issues and the trucks are Independent, but I have no idea how to identify them any further than just seeing the logo. I found it kind of strange that they shrink-wrapped the deck and then put the trucks and wheels on over it. Looks like all of the autographed stuff they usually sell is deck-only, AND the other ones I have seen posted online that were given out to people who worked on the film were just decks with no shrinkwrap or trucks/wheels. The deck top does have black griptape on its entire surface.
GETOCAT
Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:23 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
They shrink wrapped a fully gripped deck,huh?

Don't sell it. Take the trucks and wheels off,sell them if you must. Find somewhere to hang the deck at the house.

sonicdan
Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:23 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
It's tough, if not impossible, to put a 'value' on this. The deck itself is not a particularly coveted deck, it's the story that makes it special.

If you really want a value and you want to sell it, put it on ebay and we'll see where it will go. If you have any doubts, do what getocat said.

momentarydogma
Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:05 pm Reply with quote
sonicdan wrote:
It's tough, if not impossible, to put a 'value' on this. The deck itself is not a particularly coveted deck, it's the story that makes it special.

If you really want a value and you want to sell it, put it on ebay and we'll see where it will go. If you have any doubts, do what getocat said.

Yeah, it's just hard because there aren't really any recent sales that would give me any hard info on the value... Recent decks with most of (not all) of these signatures sold for around $2,000-$3,000, but I don't think those are as unique as this one, and there's also the fact that it has my specific name on it, which might make it less valuable. I don't want to list it for $3,000 if someone might actually be willing to pay more than that, but I just have no idea. But thanks for the replies!
Buddur
Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Aug 2012 Posts: 1095 Location: Western Pennsylvania
GETOCAT wrote:
Don't sell it. Take the trucks and wheels off,sell them if you must. Find somewhere to hang the deck at the house.

Best idea, imo.

Remove those Indys they should be Tracker anyways.

Page 1 of 1