SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  VIDEO & IMAGES  »  Street Skateboarding History Video Timeline (Month by Month)
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

Street Skateboarding History Video Timeline (Month by Month)

slob-air
Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:40 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
Buddur wrote:
Agree with Slob. Street skating has always been around, but it wasn't until 1985-1986 when contests started including street courses with launch ramps, curbs, and obstacles.

1982 Canadian National Skateboard Contest in Calgary dubbed THE GREAT CANADIAN OPEN—the freestyle contest (there was also vert, slalom, downhill, high jump, barrel jump...) was held in an indoor hockey rink with the boards intact, but super smooth concrete to ride on after they got rid of the ice. I did a few ollie up wall rides, a sweeper and a frontside footplant on the boards and some big long slides after riding two boards stacked, ollied the top one off and the ollied over the the other deck after doing the prerequisite tic tacs, 360s, kick flips, nose wheelies, shove-its and all the other standard freestyle crap. I only entered it and all the rest of the contests to win the overall trophy instead of just doing the vert contest. Mofo just sat stunned. Forgot why he was there and that he had a camera in his hands. LOL!! But in reality, all the guys I skated with did that kind of stuff on their way to or from the several vert ramps we had—the most popular being that of the late Barry Hiebert. Best ramp ever. RIP dude!

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2