SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  PRESS RELEASES, COMPANY ANNOUNCEMENTS, NEWS & SALES  »  Zeppelin Aero Works (Modern, Updated Old School Skateboards)
Page 1 of 1    

Zeppelin Aero Works (Modern, Updated Old School Skateboards)

MrCokesNSmokes
Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Hey Fellas (and Gals)! Bud here (aka MrCokesNSmokes). I just wanted to let y'all know about the new project I'm working on. Here's the quick-hit bullet list:

- It's a skateboard company called Zeppelin Aero Works. Our skateboards are huge machines that somehow manage to fly; Zeppelins are also huge machines that somehow manage to fly. Thus, the name.

- The boards are slightly modernized (and generally enlarged) reinterpretations of the boards of the late '70s and early '80s. Think 10" to 12" wide pigs, 32" to 36" long.

- We'll have wheels as well; think of the offset-bearing, super wide single conicals and double radials of the late '70s and early '80s. Powell Mini Cubics, G&S Yoyos, Sims B-52's, etc.

- I have photos and illustrations of all of the above, btw; if you'd like to see some stuff, simply email me at [email protected]. We'd love to hear from you

- You can also follow us on Facebook (Zeppelin Aero Works) or Instagram (@zeppelinaeroworks). We have all kinds of photos and art posted there (of course).

- The first product will be available on or around July 1st, 2021. Delay is due to Covid, and getting [very elaborate] custom molds made for the wheels.

- Art is all drawn by me, by hand... and is really beautiful. Email me for samples of the art if you like. Or follow our social media.

- Decks are hand screened, not heat transferred, and Made In The USA. (Sole exception: Laura's will be heat transferred, because her graphics have about fifty colors in them, and would be cost-prohibitive to screen)

- Team (so far) includes Jim Gray, Laura Thornhill, Wentzle Ruml IV, Steve Shelton, and Mike Kitchen. More to follow quite soon.

- Boards will be available via online retailers The Dark Slide, Sk8Supply, Old Skull, and Scottsdale Sidewalk Surfer. One more pending; five retailers total.

- We just ordered 16,000 stickers yesterday. We're kinda dumb like that. If you'd like some, Paypal $1 to [email protected], and we'll send ya some. Stickers will be here around Feb 5th; we'll ship 'em shortly thereafter. Offer good in USA only.

Bests, as always fellas (and gals)!

Bud Stratford and Laura Richards
Zeppelin Aero Works
Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Phoenix, Arizona, USA

[email protected]
strohsbro2
Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:37 am Reply with quote
Following

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:22 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
Cool, Bud, I'll have to check it out.

Everyone else, Bud made me some foamcore slalom boards a number of years back and they were pretty damn good!

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for the compliment, Blair. Given the source, it's a real honor.

Technically, sir, you own one of the first Zeppelins, as your slalom decks carried Zeppelin prototype serial numbers. (Future prototypes will also carry serial numbers for tracking and documentation purposes)

Fun fact: Chappy (Chris Chaput) also got a couple of the foam prototypes. I believe he wasn't very fond of them because the concave was a smidge too deep for him. The naked gal splayed all over the bottom may have played a role in his discomfort. Who knows...?

Anyway, thanks again Blair. Miss ya buddy, and hope all is well with you.
slob-air
Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:16 pm Reply with quote
No, I think he liked the graphics. LOL!

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:34 am Reply with quote
Some of the Zeps...

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:04 pm Reply with quote
slob-air wrote:
Some of the Zeps...

Now, that's a blast from the past...! Ahhhh, memories! You still got 'em all Blair...? How'd they end up workin' out for ya...?
slob-air
Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Assigning numbers from 1 to 6 / left to right,

1 is a killer giant slalom rig.
3 is tied for tight slalom with my chicken foam core. Love them both and both rule it on different courses—two choices seems to add advantage,
4. Simply killer for anything.
5. Has been decommissioned in so far as racing but I fucking love it for just going for a cruise down the 100s of miles of bike paths in this city—the tight twisty turns and prairie winds park are adrenaline boosting thrill rides—Love its twin too but that was sent back to you I believe after it was damaged.
#6 — Big Greenie is a monster and rules the rough courses.
2 is a good backup for 3 and 4. And the graphics turned out killer.

Unfortunately the two guys I raced with most, that could actually put up and challenge are no longer available. Fishy moved to BC and Kash OD'd on fentynol in his bathtub—idiot! The Heib was getting into but he also succumbed to the drugs + water + X =death. Covey beemed down from Edmonton and got way into it but fucking died a couple months later from a drug/water/infliction caused heart attack. Hoping to get Batman out for a wiggle session now that he's back from Mexico and hopefully attract a few others that aren't getting high and wacking it in the shower.

Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:32 pm Reply with quote
slob-air wrote:
Assigning numbers from 1 to 6 / left to right,

1 is a killer giant slalom rig.
3 is tied for tight slalom with my chicken foam core. Love them both and both rule it on different courses—two choices seems to add advantage,
4. Simply killer for anything.
5. Has been decommissioned in so far as racing but I fucking love it for just going for a cruise down the 100s of miles of bike paths in this city—the tight twisty turns and prairie winds park are adrenaline boosting thrill rides—Love its twin too but that was sent back to you I believe after it was damaged.
#6 — Big Greenie is a monster and rules the rough courses.
2 is a good backup for 3 and 4. And the graphics turned out killer.

Unfortunately the two guys I raced with most, that could actually put up and challenge are no longer available. Fishy moved to BC and Kash OD'd on fentynol in his bathtub—idiot! The Heib was getting into but he also succumbed to the drugs + water + X =death. Covey beemed down from Edmonton and got way into it but fucking died a couple months later from a drug/water/infliction caused heart attack. Hoping to get Batman out for a wiggle session now that he's back from Mexico and hopefully attract a few others that aren't getting high and wacking it in the shower.

I remember one of them coming back because of a split along the top perimeter of the deck... one of the first ones, I think, if not the very first one. Live and learn...!

I'm so glad that the rest of 'em are all alive and well, and that they all worked out well for you. That was one of the most enjoyable R&D projects that I ever did in my entire skateboarding career. Nice to see that it [largely] succeeded...!
MrCokesNSmokes
Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:02 pm Reply with quote
To everybody who PayPal'd me the dollar, stickers will start shipping mid-next-week, ie, around February 10th. Thanks for the support...!

Page 1 of 1