SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED:  »  just how big is big...
Page 4 of 4    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

just how big is big...

DjNedKnowledge
Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Hi All! Again, firing up an old thread here, but it's an interesting issue regarding the state/direction of skateboarding and trends in the market.

I think the directional board is certainly catching on. You can see the bigger companies making them too, possibly to drown out the little companies, and I def see the virtue in the bigger boards.

The wider wheel base is really useful for me. It does feel better skating mini ramps and cruising around the park in general. And like one poster mentioned, having your back foot on that wider tail really feels like your in control approaching transitional walls.

But this does require wider trucks, which probably weigh more, so I think it is harder to jump up on higher boxes and ledges, with the extra material that goes into the "big daddies".

Nonetheless, I can live without skating boxes and back forth flip tricks on flat. Sp, ultimately, I think the directional shape still has more pros than cons.

To be fair, getting super zoned out on a flat ground trick has not been something I've been into since my first two years of skating when you're kind of setting up your bag of tricks, which for me was on a farm, learning about tricks only by word of mouth and an explanation which was sometimes inaccurate.

So what kind of shaped/directional boards are you guys riding these days? Any recommendations?

Cheers.

Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:43 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 07 Jan 2013 Posts: 3666 Location: Sydney, Australia
Directional boards that I'm liking:
Assault - Waffle Stomper
New Deal - Paul Schmitt model
Black Label - Lucero Red Cross

Page 4 of 4    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4