SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SKATEBOARD ART  »  Question about paint markers & painting on skateboard de
Page 1 of 1    

Question about paint markers & painting on skateboard de

wetromix4
Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:29 am Reply with quote
I run a program called Skater Claus where I give skateboards to kids in need for free (check out skaterclaus.org). I was invited to a DIY event at Emory University in my hometown of Atlanta & I’m gonna have folks paint decks that I will later auction off to raise money for the cause. I can’t use aerosol paint, which is what I mostly work with. I’m gonna have some acrylic paint & brushes, but thought paint markers would be the best option.

My question is, what type/brand would be best to write on a deck. Both the bottom but also the grip tape (which is like sandpaper). Also, I have a limited budget, so what brand would be most cost effective? Don’t know much about markers, but I know with some you can replace the tips & thinking that would be a good way to go because I’m guessing the grip tape will shred the tips pretty quick. Any advice is very much appreciated! Thanks!
Colin05
Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:17 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 07 Jan 2013 Posts: 3666 Location: Sydney, Australia
Have a look a Posca paint pens.

When I've drawn on grip tape I've gone with a dot technique so as not to sand the tip away.

Page 1 of 1