SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  VIDEO & IMAGES  »  40 Years Ago... And Here We Are Now
Page 1 of 1    

40 Years Ago... And Here We Are Now

Buddur
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Aug 2012 Posts: 1095 Location: Western Pennsylvania
Been sick and watching lots of videos, and tonight I found the Skateboard Kings documentary from 1978. In '78 I was going in grade 9 and was heavy into skating. I remember I had a Sims woodkick with Bennett trucks and blue 65mm Krypto wheels. Watching this footage, of all the pros of that day, really puts in perspective how we've come a long way in skateboarding in 40 years.

Some parts are brutal to watch what with the staged scenes and dialogue and all. But there is some tasty stuff in there like actual footage of the Val Surf store that was in Skateboarder Magazine with the 2-page spread of completes, parts, shirts, etc., all the Dogtown cats ripping around, Chevy Chase's skateboard safety clinic (33:18 ), even some pot smoking , and all the other rippers of the day that are in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FTQbyUI_W8

Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:21 am Reply with quote
My goodness, this is so awesome. Skateboarding is one of the only things in society that still has soul and hasn't succumbed to our addiction to cheap worthless entertainment.

Page 1 of 1