SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM  »  Is it just me, or...
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

Is it just me, or...

SantaCruzDude
Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:15 am Reply with quote
Good points sonicdan. And yeah, maybe I’m losing site of the fact that money is just paper, and that art does something to people emotionally that forces them to dig deeper into their wallets.

I’m in the Bay Area California where kids who work at Facebook and Google can simply sell some stock and buy a million dollar house for cash. So definitely for some people, money is no object.

I just got a text from a friend who recently sold off some of his boards to fund a move to California. He said “Did natas's go up a lot? I sold one in pretty much the same shape for 600 not too long ago.”

He’s referring to this one below. Maybe set up once, has grip. Still about three days left on an eBay auction.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpr...tm%2F123015535295

Anyhow. Hard to argue with Natas decks jumping in value, but my initial list I think proves the market is in an upward trend at the moment.

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:12 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
oh yeah... I'd seen that Natas as well. And was thinking, damn, why isn't that deck over 1K already?? ...I thought it was a NOS deck, hadn't noticed the grip, the (minor) scratches and the wear on the tail.

well, you ARE right, basically. Prices have gone up. I was wondering why some had gone down at the same time... like the Conroy crystal ball deck ($650 or so a while ago on here - that was a 1K deck 4-5 years ago)... I noticed 2 New Deal Danny Sargent decks that sold yesterday (monkey bomber for $415, killer for $800-something - those are low prices for those decks).

anyway, let's see what will happen...

boogie713
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:17 pm Reply with quote
i thought this thread was gonna be about missing threads when i clicked on it
Sticks
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Feb 2003 Posts: 10327 Location: Raytown Travel Agency
The letters must be helping Grossos overall.

People are getting older and the paychecks are getting bigger. For some, the kids are even grown up. So there’s more dough.

Biggest thing though is the social media trend. Every dad now has a Friendster profile, which means they are exposed to the skate collector world and get turned on to it. Bigger factor though is that they now have somewhere to show off. What did we have before SnB? Our immediate friends right? Then we had our little bunch here. These dudes now can be all cool for an audience of millions/billions.

One more for the list: TnC! I thought I made out good at $1500 til the same series got $3-4k repeatedly right afterward. And the Primal Urges? Fuck.
Sticks
Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Feb 2003 Posts: 10327 Location: Raytown Travel Agency
The letters must be helping Grossos overall.

People are getting older and the paychecks are getting bigger. For some, the kids are even grown up. So there’s more dough.

Biggest thing though is the social media trend. Every dad now has a Friendster profile, which means they are exposed to the skate collector world and get turned on to it. Bigger factor though is that they now have somewhere to show off. What did we have before SnB? Our immediate friends right? Then we had our little bunch here. These dudes now can be all cool for an audience of millions/billions.

One more for the list: TnC! I thought I made out good at $1500 til the same series got $3-4k repeatedly right afterward. And the Primal Urges? Fuck.
SantaCruzDude
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:25 am Reply with quote
$3,000 Lucero X2. Still about 2.5 days left on the auction. It’s signed, so that’s neat. Dave Anderson down there at sk8supply is shitting bricks. First the Grosso blocks, and now this little gem.

Great stain on this, and has the rad bars top graphic... but is this going to break the record for an X2?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpr...tm%2F123025351073

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:12 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
[quote="sonicdan"]oh yeah... I'd seen that Natas as well. And was thinking, damn, why isn't that deck over 1K already?? ...I thought it was a NOS deck, hadn't noticed the grip, the (minor) scratches and the wear on the tail.

well, you ARE right, basically. Prices have gone up. I was wondering why some had gone down at the same time... like the Conroy crystal ball deck ($650 or so a while ago on here - that was a 1K deck 4-5 years ago)... I noticed 2 New Deal Danny Sargent decks that sold yesterday (monkey bomber for $415, killer for $800-something - those are low prices for those decks).

missed those Sargents!!!!

Certain decks seem to be "trending" and go for big bucks and others like the team decks and less known pros go for peanuts and get no love. I could care less how many likes a deck gets if its something I had growing up or attach memories to I will go big on it if hard to find and if I can afford to

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2