SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM  »  poor skater's workout? **NWS**
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

poor skater's workout? **NWS**

masonmayhem
Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:31 am Reply with quote
Joined: 28 Oct 2004 Posts: 1376 Location: Redneck Riviera, AB
i have very limited room in my house due to my roommate being a pack rat. but i found that supersetting (or supersets, whatever you want to call it) works pretty good.
supersets combine two or more exercises with similar motions to maximize the amount of work of an individual muscle or group of muscles. the exercises are performed with no rest period between the exercises.
i would do pushups, then go into squats, then go into situps, then go into lunges, and so forth without a break in between exercises. an entire exercise routine consisting of about 10 different things would last about 15 - 20 min and i'd be sweatin' hard.

i stuck with it for about 3 weeks and then winter really got me depressed and i stopped. i'll get back into it hopefully. i need to get in shape. i feel like a blob.

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:57 am Reply with quote
Pushups and pullups are the best hands down!
They sell a pullup bar at the local sports and outdoor shop that is like $20. It goes over a door and works really well.
Get that, and a couple of pushup bars (so that you can go deeper and wider than a regular pushup) and you'll be golden.
That's really all you need excercise wise.
That, and quit drinking alcohol, and clean up your diet, and wath the weight fall off.

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:58 am Reply with quote
masonmayhem wrote:
i have very limited room in my house due to my roommate being a pack rat. but i found that supersetting (or supersets, whatever you want to call it) works pretty good.
supersets combine two or more exercises with similar motions to maximize the amount of work of an individual muscle or group of muscles. the exercises are performed with no rest period between the exercises.
i would do pushups, then go into squats, then go into situps, then go into lunges, and so forth without a break in between exercises. an entire exercise routine consisting of about 10 different things would last about 15 - 20 min and i'd be sweatin' hard.

i stuck with it for about 3 weeks and then winter really got me depressed and i stopped. i'll get back into it hopefully. i need to get in shape. i feel like a blob.

x10 on the supersets.
Those work great, as well as circuits (which are more like 10 exercises before a rest).
I'm doing circuit training right now and it rules!

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:52 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
slavadov wrote:

we've been getting more and more winter over here, and with the nearest indoor park being over 100 miles away and closed for the season, my boards are sitting on my rack collecting dust

ooops. sorry then. i'm in miami and often forget that people can't skate all year round. make the best of it!!!

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Electric Wizard wrote:
masonmayhem wrote:

x10 on the supersets.
Those work great, as well as circuits (which are more like 10 exercises before a rest).
I'm doing circuit training right now and it rules!

could you go a little more in-depth on the supersets?
slavadov
Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:33 am Reply with quote
Wow, I forgot about this thread.

I've got a couple designs drawn up for some balance boards, using old skate decks. If anyone's interested, I'll post up the finished products here.

GETOCAT
Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:16 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
The most glaring inaccuracy in this thread pertains to the sit-ups and crunches.Waste o' time. Do ANTI flexion,rotation,and extension exercises for your core and it'll be far more productive.

I've incorporated This one into my core sessions and it's a motherfucker.In a good way.

Trust me.I'm ripped.

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2