SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  B.O.N.O.S.A.  »  So I'm going on a trip to Ireland...... (my introduction).
Page 1 of 1    

So I'm going on a trip to Ireland...... (my introduction).

Chalms
Posted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:36 pm Reply with quote
So seeing as how this is my introduction I would like to say hello to quite an international crew of card holding, board hoarding, skateboarding and skateboard culture addicts. I'm going to assume a few of us have crossed paths on other various skateboard sites and forums (Slap Pals).

A little bit about myself, I've been skateboarding since my older brother got a board and I was given his hand me down banana board which
had been gifted to us by the local corner store owner out of his lost and found. That was sometime around 1982. The next time I was taken to Toys R Us instead of asking for the usual Atari video game I decided I wanted my own skateboard. My parents were nice enough to buy me a pink Michael Jackson "Thriller" board.

When they figured out that I was not only going to be able to use my skateboard for fun but also to get to and from school my Mom and Dad decided I could get a better skateboard so we went down to the skate shop called Cal streets and I got to choose my first skateboard, a yellow Brand X weirdo. After the Weirdo came a white Santa Cruz Keith Meek Slasher with green slime balls and then a yellow Roskopp face with Indy''s and red mini rats........I could go on but will not bother in this post but will say that I can remember my first 30 or 40 boards that I rode in order.

Eventually I didn't have to buy boards anymore or any other equipment thanks to some really great support and help from a number Canadian and American industry types and I was fortunate enough to actually parlay my having fun and going to school on a skateboard into a worldwide adventure mostly paid for by someone else. Dreams did come true.

And now for the reasoning that I titled my post. I have made plans and committed to going to Ireland in June to attend a wedding. While I'm over in Ireland I'm going to need a little bit of extra money to enjoy myself while on the Emerald Isle. Food beer and historical golf course green fees are going to add up and the exchange rate between my currency and the euro sucks. I'm hoping to alleviate some of the costs of this trip by letting go of one, two or a few of my board collection over the next few months.

I look forward to interacting with you like minded skaters and collectors in discussions and hopefully some negotiations over this forum. Also I will be asking for advice and help with any other facets of this hidden shadow sect of collectors gathered here and on other various sites.

Alex

Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:48 am Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum Alex

Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:17 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Welcome AC!
oneendone
Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:28 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
For me Ireland was a search for dolmens and a trip up to Giants Causeway but I like archeology and geology.

Welcome

Wanted: Nos white dip Santa Cruz Special Edition Mechanical Fish

Page 1 of 1