SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM  »  Why are Vans soles so slippery on wet tile?
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

Why are Vans soles so slippery on wet tile?

big.kahuna.burger
Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:34 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 19 Jan 2002 Posts: 15613 Location: Melbs dude... Melbs
i think thats the case with pretty much every skate shoe these days...

Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:53 am Reply with quote
WE got a hook up through work and I went through all the range. Every single pair ripped with the sole coming away from the upper. Right through the range from the basics to the Pro series. My all time favourite the Rowleys were a fucking joke.

If I was paying for them I would be furious. hate to say but Nikes are bomb proof

Obed
Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:37 am Reply with quote
pig city wrote:
WE got a hook up through work and I went through all the range. Every single pair ripped with the sole coming away from the upper. Right through the range from the basics to the Pro series. My all time favourite the Rowleys were a fucking joke.

If I was paying for them I would be furious. hate to say but Nikes are bomb proof

Agreed. The quality on Vans is terrible anymore. I've had numerous pairs drop the sole. Fav pair of shoes to skate in years were the Nike Koston 2s. Grippy, light, good board feel. Lasted a good while.

Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:23 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 04 Feb 2014 Posts: 761 Location: Half a beat behind
pig city wrote:

Danno
Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Well, Vans have been in the "so hip right now" category for quite a while. I remember buying my first pair when they were unoficially imported. Rather longer ago than I care to think about. it is funny when someone says "you should get a pair of Vans". But when I bought a pair of the first blue suede Nike Blazers like TA used to wear (again a grey import done by a long departed skate shop called Trade Winds) they were a revelation. Ankle support, fantastic grip and well, suede vs canvas = no contest in durability.

Still my Greco IIs and TNT IIIs were great skate shoes. Just a shame that they are now a fashion brand. Increased production always seems to come with poor quality now.

BTW anyone got a recommendation for shoes that are good for wide and high arch feet? Anything witha ton of padding at the back is no good. That digs into my achilles tendons and makes them too uncomfortable to wear.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2