SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  PRESS RELEASES, COMPANY ANNOUNCEMENTS, NEWS & SALES  »  From Beyond Collective
Page 1 of 1    

From Beyond Collective

naperry
Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Hello!!

The time has come for From Beyond to release its initial shirt into the skate communinity. We are super stoked on the art and product which is all being screen printed at The Cat Palace in Selma, TX.

The first shirt being released is the Deer Skull in 2 colors, heathered cardinal and grey. The shirts being used are soft spun cotton. Depending on how you prefer your shirt fit you may need to go up a size. $25 shipped stateside. $35 shipped outside. Please respond to this thread with size and color. Only 42 were made. 21 of each color. I will send PayPal info once I confirm shirt size is still available. Shipping will begin next Wednesday!

The artist is Jason Vivona, @merdeillegal, on Instagram and was the artist for welcome in its infancy stages. He did probably their most famous graphic and rarest, The Breakfast Club model.

We are hoping to have our first deck out by Labor Day. It will be on the OG blind Bowie shape, dimensions taken from my own deck. Art will be screened on by the Cat Palace here in TX.

Our second shirt will hopefully be released in a month with the following graphic.

Neil and Jason
Colin05
Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:35 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 07 Jan 2013 Posts: 3666 Location: Sydney, Australia
I thought it looked very 'Welcome' then I got down to the artist bit.
Great stuff.
All the best.

naperry
Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Shop is open!!!! Appreciate all the support!!

www.frombeyondcollective.bigcartel.com

Thanks,

Neil
Colin05
Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:37 am Reply with quote
No derail meant. You know I've bought t-shirts from you in the past.
Just honest feedback.
If it weren't for the upside down cross I would be ordering a t-shirt and the deck when it was made.
And I am the least religious and political person you could ever meet.

naperry
Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:55 am Reply with quote
Colin, I totally respect your opinion and will pass this on to the artist. We both are not non-Christian people and far from it as well. The symbolism he uses pre dates what these symbols mean to the masses today. For example her is this piece on the inverted cross.

The origin of the symbol comes from the Catholic tradition that Simon Peter was crucified upside down,[1] as told by Origen of Alexandria. The tradition first appears in the "Martyrdom of Peter", a fragmented text found in, but possibly predating, the apocryphal Acts of Peter, which was written no later than 200 A.D. It is believed that Peter requested this form of crucifixion as he felt he was unworthy to be crucified in the same manner that Jesus died. As such, some Catholics use this cross as a symbol of humility and unworthiness in comparison to Jesus.

According to Roman Catholicism, the pope is Peter's successor as Bishop of Rome. Therefore, the Papacy is often represented by symbols that are also used to represent Peter, one example being the Keys of Heaven and another the Petrine Cross

If you look at the star in our graphic, it's A pentacle and not a pentagram. It is actually, right side up.

The Pentacle, the most famous symbol of Witchcraft is a bold and fascinating statement about our place in the Universe. When the pentacle is drawn or written, the image created is called a pentagram. The pentagram represents an ancient concept that can be found in philosophical thought in both East and West.

Yes, this does say witchcraft, but it is more cosmic, From Beyond, for us.

I still get that people do not want to walk around with the upside down crosses. This first run is extremely limited and will have him consider changing this style of artistry in the future.

Thanks Colin for your continued support. I hope this sheds some light, but completely understand where you are coming from.

Neil
Colin05
Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Thanks so much Neil for the well detailed reply.
That certainly sheds a lot of light on it for me and makes me view it differently now.
Appreciate it.

What wheelbase will the deck have?

naperry
Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Colin05 wrote:
Thanks so much Neil for the well detailed reply.
That certainly sheds a lot of light on it for me and makes me view it differently now.
Appreciate it.

What wheelbase will the deck have?

Not there yet, but it will be the exact same as the OG Bowie I have.

I did also give your feedback to the artist and he said he doesn't use it in all of his work, but sometimes it just flows. The new shirt graphic with the butterfly with hands and eyes may be altered due to your feedback. We want to be able to outfit everyone!!
naperry
Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Ron Chatman reppin' the new tee......

Colin05
Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:49 am Reply with quote
Any update on the deck?

naperry
Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:12 am Reply with quote
Colin05 wrote:
Any update on the deck?

We will be there soon.... Trying to do it the right way and this is both a side project for us. We did change the name to OLD JOY.

This is out now and is a mashup of biggie smalls and King Diamond!!

Page 1 of 1