SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SHIPPING  »  Canada Post or options?
Page 1 of 1    

Canada Post or options?

jchan
Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:34 am Reply with quote
Following this experience with Canada Post international surface mail which took over a month of no tracking updates I was wondering what is the recommended service to use to ship decks international from Canada?

If I enter a regular size and weight deck box into the shipping calculator on Canada Posts website I get $80+ for previously mentioned surface mail, $140+ for Xpresspost International (6 days guaranteed) and a whooping $230+ for Priority (what that means is beyond me). Obviously Canadian Dollars but surface mail is still about the same cost as air mail from the US or from Sweden and Xpresspost about twice the cost of USPS Priority International.

Does the calculator give inaccurate estimates or is there another recommended service?
slob-air
Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:36 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
I haven't shipped a deck in awhile but I'd say no, that is not accurate.

I do know that now some of the stuff shipped ground is actually going by ground and taking much longer—the former Conservative government hired the same kook, Deepak Chopra, that fucked with several other countries postal systems previously. Fucking prick cut home delivery last year. He unfortunately has a iron clad contract and can't be fired. Our new prime minister tried to get him to resign and reapply for the position under the new government but he refused. So Canada Post will be screwed until they find a way to fuck this kook over.

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Oh, and there's a postal strike looming.

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Thanks Blair, while I would have no problem waiting a bit extra in support of all those postal workers, in particular women, I hope it doesn't happen while my deck is in transit. But last I heard the strike was off.

Still open for insight and/or options.
slob-air
Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:13 pm Reply with quote
If your deck is shipped and it crosses the border before the strike it'll get to you in normal time.

The idea of a strike occurring has the post experiencing a huge drop in business—the idiots running it better settle soon before they fuck it permanently... though that may be their plan. There's a reason the Conservatives appointed that kook to run the post office,

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:28 am Reply with quote
Anyone else ship from Canada recently?
SKRATCH
Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:04 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Hey there Johan,

I recently shipped a single deck out of Canada to Australia using the Xpress-post international option at a cost of $280 CAD great tacking from door to door and in relatively quick delivery time! Around 9 days off the top of my head.

The other option was a faster shipping speed using the priority express service which guaranteed delivery within 5 days but the cost was
$430 CAD which was out of my realm of consideration for shipping a deck.

Box size and weight may be a contributing factor but insurance is relatively cheap considering. I know postal rates have increased since I last shipped out of Canada by almost 100%

All in all shipping from Canada is a costly exercise but no one wants to wait over a month for a deck.

Hope this has been some help mate

Cheers S

Page 1 of 1