SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  POOL, PARK, BANKS & PIPES  »  Old Brochure - New Wave Skate Park, West Mifflin, PA
Page 1 of 1    

Old Brochure - New Wave Skate Park, West Mifflin, PA

Buddur
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:16 am Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Aug 2012 Posts: 1095 Location: Western Pennsylvania
I found this old brochure for the New Wave Skatepark, a long-gone park in Pittsburgh, PA (West Mifflin) near Slag Mountain and Century III Mall. I was there once...33 years ago. Unfortunately I glued the paid slip to the brochure covering up the directions and part of a photo. The overhead photograph shows what the park consisted of. The inside of the brochure, well...enjoy the history!

Last edited by Buddur on Sun May 24, 2015 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:59 am Reply with quote
Thanks for your post. Got the sticker. I skated there 1st day to the last. Saw Duane Peters get punked. So called rumors of PI lawsuits, bad press with a little divorce closed it. They turned it into a go-cart track when skateboarding died off in the 80 recession. [/quote]
piddles
Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:51 am Reply with quote
Buddur wrote:
I found this old brochure for the New Wave Skatepark, a long-gone park in Pittsburgh, PA (West Mifflin) near Slag Mountain and Century III Mall. I was there once...33 years ago. Unfortunately I glued the paid slip to the brochure covering up the directions and part of a photo. The overhead photograph shows what the park consisted of. The inside of the brochure, well...enjoy the history!

From Pittsburgh myself were making shirts with the logo of the shop and patches for the fun of it
slob-air
Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:53 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
Cool pics!

Page 1 of 1