SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  VALUE OF A SPECIFIC SKATEBOARD  »  Powell 1st Bug $$
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

Powell 1st Bug $$

Powell Peralta Collector
Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Hey guys...

Just to clarify. That bug deck is not a pig shape at all. Lots of concave and angled sides. It is almost identical to a 1988 Lance Mountain Future Primitive.

I have tons of FPs and tons of those bugs, so I've compared many times.

I would say that the checkered bug is from 1987 as it is on the same team deck that the ripper and the s&s were on. The more rounded bug with the ants is from 1988.
Powell Peralta Collector
Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Oh, who is the owner of the rounded versions of the deck on AoS in the colors silver and yellow?

By the way, if anyone is interested in one of the 1987 versions that you see on ebay often, I do have a few extras in these colors:
Black w/Red, Black w/Green, Silver w/Red, Silver w/Green.

They usually sell on ebay in the $55 - $71 range so I can save you the trouble and cut out ebay if there is someone looking for one. I just have them in a box of decks that I need to eventually sell...

mad-mat
Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Yellow one is mine, see my collection in AOS, got a interesting colored S&S in there too.
Do you own or have seen a red/pink first shape ??
Mat
lotfortynine
Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 8:42 pm Reply with quote
mad-mat... yes, there should be a red deck out there. in 1987/1988 the deck colors were mainly white/black/silver/blue/red/pink in the XT/boneite models. the yellow/green boards didn't return until mid 1988 when powell wised up and went back to 7-ply maple again.

and yes, there is no such thing as a "bug pig."

mad-mat
Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 9:24 am Reply with quote
I would love to get my hands on a white,red,or pink first model also. Seems to be quite rare in contrast to the millions of black,blue,silver ones. Anyone got one of the rare colors for me ?? (I already got the common ones)

mat
Powell Peralta Collector
Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Well, I know I have about 12 different versions of the bug deck in mint condition. 6 of them are obviously the common blue/black/silver with red or green graphics. I think I have a pink XT with the white checkerboard also.

Of the others, I know I have at least 4 that are rounded and have the "ants" in the background. I think I have white, green, pink, and orangish-pink/red, and maybe a blue or silver.

That's why I was interested in the Yellow one...my goal to get every color of every deck... I don't consider those decks to be "rare" although they are rare in that you don't see them very often. But, the key is that they may be rare, they are in extremely low demand, which means that when you find them, they are available for $75 just like the others.
mad-mat
Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Sorry, but I cannot sell the yellow one as my girl (why ??) likes it a lot, me of course also.
maybe we developed some kind of affinition to cockroaches in the years we lived on Canary Islands. The biggest on I've ever seen (except the PP's) had about the size of a childs feet... that was areal monster
Smakutus
Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2002 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 10 Dec 2001 Posts: 2932 Location: Meechigan.. Collect and Destroy!
Where is this yellow one at? I can't find it on that site..

I have a green and a red 88 Bug and all the other common 87's.. The 87's are small boards and the 88's are even smaller.

I'd love to see that pink 87 if you have a shot of it PnP..

thanks,
Jeff.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mad-mat
Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 6:43 am Reply with quote
It's on AOS, if not in the price guide check it in the collection pages.
me too would love to see that pink one or wait why don't you just sell/trade it to me )

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2